advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to design a better cgm for kids.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by willroland, Sep 13, 2017.

1. willroland

willroland New Member

Hello Children with Diabetes community! I am a graduate student studying industrial design and I’m currently working on a school project to design a CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitor) related product specially for children. I am collecting information to better understand how children with diabetes and their families feel about the products they use, and how the existing products could be improved. I would be very appreciate for any feedback.

Here is a link to a survey I have created (Please feel free to share if you'd like):

https://apps.facebook.com/my-surveys/children-s-cgm-survey

If you would prefer not to fill out the survey, here are some of the questions I have:

1) How do you receive/give insulin?
    2) What CGM model do you use/ help someone else use?
    3) What do you use to monitor your levels and readings?
    4) How well do you think your device shows you important data?
    5) If you could improve the way your device displays your data, what would you change?
    6) Would you change anything else about your receiver device if you could?
    7) What changes would you make to your sensor patch if you had the opportunity?
    8) Is there anything about your transmitter that you wish was different?
    9) If you could change anything about the way CGM’s look, feel, or work, what would that be?
    10) Is there anything you think I have left out of this questionnaire that would be valuable for someone trying to design a CGM?

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you all for your time and consideration!