- advertisement -

Trying to decide on pump

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Bballmom, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Bballmom

Bballmom Approved members

Oh and we will get the dexcom too. Why not???

2. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

3. momof2marchboys

momof2marchboys Approved members

I called a few months ago when it read the offer expired in March and the person I talked to said they offer it all the time for those that are other pumps - unfortunately our endo wouldn't sign off on the Rx for the pods since our Medtronic pump is still under warranty. :confused: Going to push hard for it I think next summer

4. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

I would be very upset with the endo. If we (Parents of CWD) choose to spend OOP to buy a PDM to give our children the option of how they manage their diabetes with the least stress possible at different times, why wouldn't he prescribe it? It's not like your child is going to wear both pumps systems at the same time. For me, I'd spent $70 on an Aquapack to keep the Medtronic pump dry during kayaking, waterparks, etc. and it kept getting leaks or burns (in the case of the waterslide). It was a no-brainer to spend a bit more out-of-pocket to get the pod when it came out rather than replace the Aquapack. I have a teen who is motivated for good control; I'd like to support her in that in whatever ways I can to make diabetes easier. You'd think the doctors and insurance companies would see the benefit of that.