- advertisement -

Trey was complaining of foot pain.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Treysmom, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Treysmom

Treysmom Approved members

Do your children ever complain of pain?

Sometimes its foot, shin or knees. I'm thinking growing pain. I hope. I don't remember my girls going thru this.

2. grantsmom

grantsmom Approved members

Mine does all the time in the morning. AND it has only happened after dx in March.

The endo and ped both swear it has nothing to do with diabetes....but I am not sure I believe it.

3. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Beware of Osgood-Schlatter. Fancy name for a serious growing pains. Poor Tom had it the year before the D dx. I think it presents more commonly in males. If it's in the knee(s) there is usually a characteristic "knobby" protrusion below the kneecap. I think the very oversimplified explanation of Tom's case was that his bones grew too fast for his muscles to support them. His case was quite serious - a couple months on crutches and in PT to build his quad up.

You can still see the deformity of the bone. He had a series of stress fractures as a result of O-S...your could see the progression on the x-ray.

Most cases are not that serious. Many, many kids get O-S.

4. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Girls don't complain as much ;):rolleyes: j/k

5. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

Sam complained of heel pain. I took him to the podiatrist who knew what was up before he did the x-rays. Sam had mini fractures, I guess it is common. It was worse on the heel he never complained about.
    Definitely not D related.

6. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

One whiney 20 year old female express mailed to you :rolleyes: