- advertisement -

Treating Lows at 4AM

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by SarahKelly, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Lizzie's Mom

Lizzie's Mom Approved members

What about the soy milk with a little chocolate syrup for a carb boost?

2. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

Same here - including the "thank you".:D

3. simom

simom Approved members

Honey straws are another possibility - (or honey in a spoon). Very high carb - so a little goes a long way.
    If my son is wanting to sleep I usually put him in my lap so he can "snuggle" me and then he is upright to swallow. However, he is 5 now, so more compliant than he would have been at two, for sure!

When first diagnosed, we gave ice cream. It is not as fast acting - but he was ALWAYS willing to eat ice cream.

I worried about the teeth thing. Our dentist has recommended sealant when he starts getting permanent teeth.

My Non-D daughter is also two - it's one of the ages that is both delightful and completely frustrating! Good luck!

4. LJS118

LJS118 Approved members

What about those gel things that you can just squeeze into his cheeks?? I've never used them, but it might be worth a shot.

5. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Will he take a sippy cup? Emma is 5 but I still keep sippy cups around for overnight juice. They have ounce measurements on them, so I know exactly how much I'm giving her, and with the spout, we just stick it in her mouth and she starts sucking on it. We only use juice at night. I was worried about the tooth decay but the dentist said that all looks good and if she brushes before bed and in the morning, it should be fine.