- advertisement -

Traveling with a CGM

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, May 2, 2013.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We are flying soon and now are on the CGM. Can it go through x-ray or is it best just to attach it to her and do the walk through?

Any tips to make it as trouble free as possible? Lately her pump hasn't been setting off the alarm, which is always a bonus.

2. mysweetwill

mysweetwill Approved members

I've read conflicting things, so my son held his CGM receiver and had the pat down. I handed the security guards the extra sensors and our extra travel pump as well, so they didnt go through the xray machines. Id rather err on the side of caution.

3. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

Campbell just wears it through the machine. If it's the back scatter machine, we tell them he can't go through. They do a pat down & swab it.
    I send the extra supplies through the X-ray belt.

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We have a few more weeks before they have to go through the scanner, so it will make things easier...this trip. That's what I figured, treat it like the pump. I will have to remember to take it out of it's case as it's attached with a climbing hook.

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I have always thrown the Guardian in one of the bins to go through the x-ray machine. Until last time when I forgot to take it out of my pocket and wore it through the metal detector. :rolleyes: