advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travel with spare pump

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sparty87, Oct 15, 2017.

1. sparty87

sparty87 Approved members

My daughter will be flying with both her active t:slim and her old ping pump as a backup. The ping would be off, with the battery removed. She will opt out and request hand screening of her t:slim. The question is what to do about the spare pump? Send it through screening? Any literature on the potential damage on a powered off device from either the x-ray or electromagnetic fields in the screening machine?

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

It has become such a hassle for Jack to wear his pump through security that we always have him disconnect now and just run it through the x-ray. It's just fine.

3. lilwitte

lilwitte Approved members

I have done the same thing for the past 15 years, much less of a hassle then wearing it through the medal detector and hoping it does not set off the alarm. I have never had a problem with the pump malfunctioning afterwards. My pump is also exposed to radiation pretty much daily at work and again I have never had an issue with my pump due to radiation exposure.