advertisement

Transport

Discussion in 'Friends for Life 2010' started by luco_mc, Mar 1, 2010.

1. luco_mc

luco_mc Approved members

Hi

I am planning to going confrence and was wondering is there transportt to get to the theme park, disney and universal ? Im not sure if i should rent a. car as this can be expensive as im a student will be 22 so they charge more.

thanks

:)

NOT LONG NOW

:cwds: :cwds: :cwds:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  2. coconne3

coconne3 Approved members

Hi, You can schedule a Mears bus to take you to a park or a taxi. A car would be nice but the hotel also charges to have a car parked there. I think in the long run you'd be better off taking a taxi and saving some money. Good luck!

3. selketine

selketine Approved members

4. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

from when we have gone i find that just about all have either a bus that runs every so often between all the places if its a disney hotel/resort or even if not they have free shuttles offered by the hotel that go to at least one and then if you want to go to another you can always hop on one of the disney busses they dont cost anything

5. Billetdeaux

Billetdeaux CWD Education/Programs

The posts below are all correct... Mears does have a shuttle that runs from the hotel to various parks. It costs $$ and you have to make reservations ahead of time (my understanding is that it does not just swing by now and again). You also could take a taxi - or better yet, share a taxi with someone else who is going. If you're already registered for the conference, you should be on the Orlando2010 email list (if you aren't, please contact me to get on the list) laura@childrenwithdiabetes.com You may use this list to reach out to others who might be interested in going to the parks with you or at least sharing a ride.

I don't plan to have a vehicle at the hotel. It's expensive to park, and quite honestly, the only thing one needs a vehicle for is to get to the parks on 'shoulder dates' of the conference and perhaps go to the grocery store for snacks.