- advertisement -

transmitter-reciever issues

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lohmggcjr, Jul 24, 2014.

1. lohmggcjr

lohmggcjr Approved members

I got a new reciever today because my old one quit alarming with sound reliably. I had issues with the old reciever being more than recommended values off, giving false lows or highs. Driving me nuts really. But I was putting it off thinking, I was being too o.c.d. about its accuracy. I sorta just learned how to live with it and make my own choices depending on her actual meter readings. I have the dexcom for almost two months. I set up the new reciever and it seems to be working better than the old one. (See pic) now, im thinking maybe there was an issue between the transmitter talking to the reciver. Is this something that is an issue? Ive read through a lot of dexcom posts, and havent come across anything quite like our issues. Anyone know if this was a headache I didnt have to deal with for the last two months?

Attached Files:

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Is that a 70 or a 90 on the upper receiver?

3. lohmggcjr

4. Lori_Gaines

Lori_Gaines Approved members

We too had to have our receiver replaced because the sound stopped.

There have been times where the accuracy is off, but we are okay with that because the majority of the time it's good. We do notice that when it actually reads High or Low, it takes forever to get back on track and the accuracy is horribly off. It's like it gets stuck when those words come up.

5. lohmggcjr

Thanks. I feel the same way. Sometime that thing would take more than an hour to even get out of the low range and her bg was back up within 20 mins. Hopefully this newer one will be nicer to me ;)

6. Shopgirl2091

Shopgirl2091 Approved members

We have had more of a lag in readings when our transmitter was dying. Our last one lasted seven months (I just replaced it last night). I hadn't gotten the low battery warning yet, but it was really lagging behind in readings and we were getting a lot of ??? (with different sensors). I was just sick of the lag because it had caused us some problems lately - it said he was 150 when he was really 330, and a few lows that it didn't catch - I just didn't want to put up with the inaccuracy any longer.

I bet it was a receiver-transmitter issue for you, I hope that your new receiver works great :)

7. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

I know that the receiver does do some of the work in turning the data received into a bg number to display (that's why the G5 needs a different transmitter than the current one to successfully port to a cell phone, it needs a transmitter that can do all the work), so I'm sure you could get one that was off in its calculations.

Interesting though.

We're on our second receiver and I notice that this one has way more arrows than the last one did. Our old receiver very often had no arrow at all - this one seems like it's always got an arrow. Same transmitter, so it must be the way it's interpreting the data. Our old one was completely dead though, so I could never do a comparison like you did.