- advertisement -

Tornado!

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by Danielle2008, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

This is definitely off topic;)

We had a thunderstorm yesterday that ended up forming 5 tornadoes around the state.

Anyway, we watched one form from our backyard, and caught it on film. This particular tornado ended up touching down at a local outside mall three miles away, and caused some pretty good damage (one of the pizza joints back walls were completely blown out, a car flipped over, and other debris thrown etc). Thankfully, only one injury reported. They are closed to clean up today.

Here is the video we shot(that is our barn in the background). There is no sound. The funnel starts off pretty thin, and then builds in size about half way through. It is still pretty small, I think they said a large F1-mild F2.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEdX0f0SV9I

Just a bit of excitement in our usually boring lives LOL.

2. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Whoa!! :eek: That's definetly scary! I'm glad the storms didn't hurt many people, that could have been bad. You are very brave to catch that on camera, I probably would have been hiding in my basement. :rolleyes:

3. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

Not too brave;). Most tornadoes out here are pretty wimpy (at least, in my area). When we first moved out here 15 years ago, we would seriously run to the basement anytime the tornado sirens went off. Now we are a lot less excited when it happens. Obviously, if it would have looked like it was really coming towards the house...We would have made a dash for the basement LOL.

I will say, this one was a lot closer then I would have liked, but still far enough away.

Still pretty neat to watch though!!