- advertisement -

time to upgrade pumps???

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by curediabetes14, May 14, 2013.

1. curediabetes14

curediabetes14 Approved members

We have been on the Ping for four years. I am trying to decide between another Ping or the Accu-check Spirit Combo.

Does anyone have any experience with the Accu-check Spirit Combo:confused:

2. Mish

Mish Approved members

I only know one person using the spirit. She likes it. But she's also never used another pump on her child. :)

3. RomeoEcho

RomeoEcho Approved members

Since you are looking at trading in a ping for another ping, why not wait and see if it will keep chugging along until the vibe comes out and then you aren't one year into your new pump when the real upgrade comes out? Pumps don't magically stop working after four years, so if there isn't anything better than what you already have, I'd wait (and I do/am).

4. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

If you want to stay with a pump with a remote you'll have to stay with ping or go to Combo... vibe doesn't have a remote. the Combo has a bigger cartridge size ... the pump ISN'T a 'smart' pump without the remote (which gives you lots of data) and you can do temp basals etc from the Combo meter/remote)