- advertisement -

Time for a new pump

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pianoplayer4, Aug 1, 2014.

1. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

So my pump warranty is up in a few months and I am starting to think about which one I want next. I am fairly sure I want the T-slim, but I just wanted to know if anyone had heard about when the Animas Vibe is going to be released. That was really the only other pump I would be interested in.

Thanks!

2. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

I don't think anyone knows when the Vibe will get released. It always seems like "soon" but I actually haven't heard any rumors about it in awhile. On the plus side, in Tandem's earnings call yesterday, it was revealed that it has finally submitted the PMA application for it's version of the Vibe:

"Finally over the few months, the company made significant progress with our new products in development. Most notably was our recent submission of a premarket approval or PMA application to the FDA for the t:slim G4 insulin delivery system which integrated our t:slim technology with Dexcom’s G4 platinum product. While our submission is just the first step of the regulatory process, product approval is up to discretion of the FDA. We are estimating that it will be called a 12 of 18 cycle review."

3. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

I figured, when I got the ping almost four years ago the rep told me it would be out in a year or so :p

4. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Asante offers a free four-week trial WITH INSULIN (humalog cartridges) rather than saline right now. My daughter is going to trial it this fall before her pump warranty is up.

It seems like yesterday that you were helping her through pump start! I can't believe how quickly the years are flying and that you both are thinking in terms of the next pump.

5. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

you learned about this from the survey?

6. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Never mind. I see it on their website.

The IoB thing is cool but nothing else is the least bit attractive, especially for someone (a teen) using a lot of insulin. Maybe I'm missing something

7. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

I can't find anything about how the pump actually works? only the cartridge loading... but 300 units is as much as Medtronic holds.. better than our paltry 200...

8. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

My daughter got a coupon from the rep at Expo & decided given the opportunity to trial a pump (without saline) for long enough to see if she really likes it was an opportunity she wasn't going to miss. It was her top agenda item for the endo visit.

9. chalke43

chalke43 Approved members

10. Don

Don Approved members

11. chalke43

chalke43 Approved members

I can sort of understand his point - 14 button presses.

1. Press top button
    2. Press 1
    3. Press 2
    4. Press 3
    5. Press Bolus
    6. Press Add BG
    7. Enter BG (this would 2-3 button presses in actuality)
    8. Press Done
    9. Press Grams
    10. Enter Carb Grams (again, would normally be 2-3 button presses)
    11. Press Done
    12. Press Next
    13. Press Confirm
    14. Press Deliver

Now of course, all of this takes seconds once you are used to it, but his counting isn't wrong I don't think. And there would be more buttons to press if you are doing an extended bolus or overriding a correction, etc.