advertisement

Thyroid tests

Discussion in 'Thyroid and Other Autoimmunity' started by Jeff, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

Does everyone get thyroid and other autoimmune tests done at least every year at clinic?

Just curious.

2. Red (aus)

Red (aus) Approved members

Taylor has full screening done every year including thyroid and coeliac as well as the usual.

3. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

My son has only a thyroid test done once a year.

4. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Yes thyroid, celiac, full lipid panel, and we try to do a 24 hour urine test for microalbuminuria every year.

5. Red (aus)

Red (aus) Approved members

Taylor hits the 5th anniversary next month and I believe that we then begin the 24 hour urine check once a year too.

6. maverickmom (Kerri)

maverickmom (Kerri) Approved members

Shannon gets tested for thyroid (and the regular yearly labs - lipids, microalbumin etc) every year but they don't test for other autoimmune things like celiac, addison's etc, unless there are symptoms or they are otherwise suspicious.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2005
  7. kitty

kitty Approved members

Yes.
    Thyroid disease and Thyroid cancer run in both sides of my family, so my mom has my sister and I get checked out once a year.

Jessie

8. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

Thyroid, Celiac, lipid panel, and urine for microalbuminia each year. There may be more, but those are tests that are done yearly and are mandatory at our Endo office.

9. sonwtype1

sonwtype1 Approved members

I recently brought this up with my sons endo because he is newly dx 11/08. I have hypothyroidism and his uncle has celiacs. He told me they would test if he had symptoms, but this didn't satisfy me so he said they would do the test at his next appt. in April.

10. BozziesMom

BozziesMom Approved members

We haven't hit our one year anniversary yet, but it's my understanding we'll have the thyroid each year and celiac. The rest of the family, except Dad, has already been dxd with hashimoto's. And he actually did get blood work this year after baby's dx to check for everything. He's clear.

11. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I've been tested for thyroid once since dx (29 months ago), unless I was also tested at dx. I don't know that it's formally one year. I was tested for celiac antibodies at dx and a second time upon request. The random urine my endo did at the one year and the two year mark, and we did a 24 hour urine and creatinine clearance when the random was above the normal range, at my request (endo wanted to just repeat the random).

12. sweetkid4

sweetkid4 Approved members

We will be having thyroid and celiac tests at our endo appt in April. Not quite our 1 year mark...but endo wants to check b/c of some symptoms...

13. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

Yes

14. Sportster

Sportster Approved members

Yes, I get my thyroid tested every year. I have a Hyperactive thyroid (Graves Disease) that is currently in remission.