- advertisement -

This just isn't right...grr

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Denise, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Denise

Denise Approved members

Grr! We got nearly 10 inches of snow Friday into Saturday. My husband and I shoveled a TON to clear the street in front of our house so my husband and my son could park in front of our house (I haven't needed to leave and our garage is connected to an alley but only one car garage). Our neighbors across the street decided to skip shoveling in front of THEIR house and park in front of OURS instead! I realize it's a public street but...they have an area in front of their house, plus a gravel driveway! We are expecting 8 more inches in the next two days..I'm thinking of not clearing any area except for my Dh's car parking spot!

2. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

It would be nice if a snow plow would come by and plow them in. :rolleyes: Not to discount your hard work though.

3. Denise

Denise Approved members

there's no snow on the road ..we shoveled it all off. That's the point. On THEIR side..the snow plow went through and they chose not to shovel in front of their house like we did! It's making me angry. but w/ more coming..I may not shovel everything off. or park our trash cans in front of our house.I dunno..am just kinda ticked b/c the guys that live in the place..are perfectly capable of shoveling.

4. buggle

buggle Approved members

I think that's one of the rudest things I've ever heard. Unbelievable. :(

5. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

They would not be allowed to do that here because we have a snow ordinance. We have had 4 inches so far and are expecting an additional 6-7 inches tonight. We have so much snow at the end of our driveway we have to get a running start at it.

6. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

That is sooooo tacky. :mad: Even if it's public parking, it IS in front of your home and you DID shovel it out.... can you just call them and tell them that you need to park your cars in front of your house, and could the please move their cars before it snows.... again!?

7. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

I get it, that would annoy me too:rolleyes:

8. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

That is so rude. Sounds like one of my old neighbors.

9. Denise

Denise Approved members

I spent the morning shoveling it out AGAIN...and have trash cans reserving our spots...so the neighbor can't park there. A friend offered me caution tape lol.

10. Toni

Toni Banned

Wow..... Speechless.....

11. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

Good move with the trash cans hopefully the neighbors get the message.

12. Mike&Dans.Mom

Mike&Dans.Mom Approved members

In Chicago you are allowed to put stuff - chairs etc - in the spot on the street that you shoveled. Nobody dares mo:Dve that chair to park!

13. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

yeah, like Jeannine said, out here, people stick chairs in the street. I kid you not. especially in the cities where many people don't have driveways ..if you spend all day shoveling a spot your neighbor better not park there..

14. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Not to be a thread killer but my son Brandon who is 17 just shoveled our walkway in front of our house and he thought he would be nice and do the next door neighbors and the snot who lives there came out and told him "it wasnt necessary and didnt even say thank you"...I so want to go throw all the snow back in front of her walkway...what is wrong with people?? He wasnt looking to get money for it...just being a good kid..Ughhhhhh!!!!!

15. allisa

allisa Approved members

haha....yes.....in Cambridge and other surrounding areas .....no one would DARE do such a thing....they would come back to find slashed tires....NO ....I am not suggesting you resort to that...but....it is a HUGE issue in cities around here....and most people know....never ever do that....if it were me....I'd walk over to the neighbor and very politely ask them to move....