- advertisement -

this is why we test at night

Discussion in 'Parents of Teens' started by wilf, Nov 17, 2011.

1. shannong

shannong Approved members

A CGM would make a huge difference for us too and I am sure I would get a more restful night's sleep. My son's night time numbers can vary greatly. This has improved on the pump, but high and low numbers can still pop up at random hours during the night. I'm very diligent about recording numbers and doing frequent night time checks and assessing basal levels, but still the nights are difficult.

I am very cognizant of not wanting my son to fear going to sleep and what will happen to him at night. He sleeps through everything - sipping juice, blood checks, etc. I never discuss with him in the morning what his numbers were or what I had to do that night. He wakes up happy and blissfully unaware and I'll keep it that way :)

2. zoom8942

zoom8942 Approved members

I rarely check ds blood glucose levels at night. We have never that I l ow of had a high or a low at night. I usually bump him up at night to at least 130 or higher and he wakes up around 90. We test at night if he's sick or unusual circumstances like vacation or something, and he's still honeymooning after almost a year, so maybe that's the difference

3. wilf

wilf Approved members

that is the difference.. :cwds:

4. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

If you rarely check at night, then how do you know if you have a low/high at night?

5. caspi

caspi Approved members

I am wondering the same thing.... ;)