- advertisement -

This has helped my son not miss counting carbs at lunch

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ecs1516, Aug 30, 2011.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I wanted to pass this on because it worked for us. Background - my 11 year son has had diabetes for almost 11 years. But, he has been homeschooled up to this point and I would remind him or look over his shoulder because he would forget to bolus sometimes.
    He started private school. It was up to him to bolus correctly.
    I put a new 3X5 index card in his lunch box each day that has every item I put in his lunch with the carbs next to it. I put in a ballpoint pen in his lunchbox and he checks off each item when he boluses for it. It has worked great and we started school August 11th and he hasn't missed a bolus!!! Amazing for him.:cwds:

2. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

That's great, glad it's working. :cwds:

3. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

I do something similar for my DD. When I pack her lunch, I write the item and number of carbs for each on a form I made up. I then total the number of carbs and she boluses for it. I never have a problem with not finishing everything in her lunch.