- advertisement -

Thinking about pumping...

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Jordyn, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Jordyn

Jordyn Approved members

I am on MDI currently using pens and thinking about pumping. So far I'm interested in the Omnipod or the Animas Ping both for the remote capabilities and the Omnipod for being tubeless. Anyone use either of these? What do you like and what do you not like? Thanks for any opinions.:cool:

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

Sorry I can't be of any help, I'm on minimed. But welcome to CWD!

3. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I'm also on MiniMed. Sorry I cant help ya

4. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

I am also moving towards a pump, I just went to a 4 hour pump class last week. If it is something your Endo offers, I highly recommend it. Just so you can see each pump, what they offer, and how you feel about it.

Reps from each pump company come and talk about their pumps, and they pass around ones so you can touch them and see them.

I, personally, really liked the MM. The size was nice, and I liked the way it felt going through the menus and such. It seemed a bit more simple to me. I also found it interesting that both reps for Medtronic had T1, and they used their pumps a lot while talking(the rest of the reps had a 'car dealership' feeling of trying to sell the pups. The MM people just listened and seemed genuine when responding to questions...).

We are currently in the process of going through insurance and that whole deal.

The One Touch Ping looks very nice if you like the idea of the remote ability. I will say, the actual pump looked a bit larger(width and length) then the MM. But it was definitely one I was interested in before the class.

I did pick up a free Omnipod trial, and while I love the idea(tubeless) I hate the size of the pod. When I put it on, it feels bulky, and is very obvious under my shirt. A lot of my tanktops and shirts are close fitting, and you can definitely see it under it. I am trying it in a few different places(the rep gave out a few trial pods for that reason), so I will see if the feeling gets better.

Good luck with your research. It can be very overwhelming looking at them all, just remember...that in general, you will probably be happy with any pump if that is the route you go. They are all very nice, and it just depends on what you like.

5. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

OMG! That is so funny! My name is Jordan and I am currently trialing the animas and just finished trialing the omnipod. I personally like the ANimas better overall. Are you a boy or a girl ? How old are you? When were you daignosed? Oh and welcome!

6. Jordyn

Jordyn Approved members

Thanks for all of your input!! the info was very helpful! :) i have a pump class scheduled in October, and im excited to see everything.

BTW-- My name is Jordyn, 14, girl and from ohio. diagnosed in january of 05.. (;
    Thanks for the welcome!