- advertisement -

Think horses not zebras

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Traci, May 17, 2011.

1. Traci

Traci Approved members

That old medical adage was once again proven true today. Ds10 has been having highs in the mornings post breakfast. I figured it was what he was eating and started experimenting with different extended boluses. Nothing was working and he was still high at 9am check. I'd upped basal a bit, tweaked the extended boluses, done all the creative things I could think of.

And then I adjusted his insulin to carb breakfast ratio.:rolleyes: And that fixed it. A beautiful 106 post breakfast today. I feel like an idiot. Why didn't I just do that first???

2. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Sometimes we make things more complicated than they need to be don't we!?:D;)

Glad you figured it out!:cwds:

3. Traci

Traci Approved members

Thanks, Jen! I'm just dumbfounded that I had done so much creative thinking, but forgot the very basic stuff! Good grief. Sleep deprivation, perhaps?

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I like that expression.;) So apt. We may have to start using that around here more often.

Glad you solved it.:cwds:

5. monkeyschool

monkeyschool Approved members

Glad you nailed it in the end :)

6. Ashti

Ashti Approved members

Don't give yourself a hard time.

The solution to a puzzle looks simple once it has been solved.

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

You know what they say - the best solution is always the last one we try ;)!

8. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Totally OT

So my dd's kinder teacher decided that since the kinder snack closet was empty and we are so close to the end of te year that she would let the kids pick an ABC and they would have to bring in a snack starting with that letter.

MY DD PICKED ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Well the healthy choice would have been zuchini/zuchini bread, yet leave it up to the mom of a D kid to be looking for Little Debbie

Zebra cakes!

Could not find them in time so ended up with ZINGERS.

9. Traci

Traci Approved members

Actually laughed out loud at this because my dh always says "it was in the last place I looked!" when he finally finds whatever it was that he'd been looking for. And I always think, "well, of course it was! Why would you keep looking after you find it?".

10. Traci

Traci Approved members

And when were not making things difficult enough on our own, leave it to our children to help us out! LOVE that she took Zingers!

11. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Soooo been there, done that. Except with basals.:rolleyes: Took me days and days of brain wrestling, tweaking and all, and only after I posted here, did someone say "Your basals are too low." Duh! Felt like an idiot too at the time.

Good job in figuring it out yourself though. It took someone here at the forums to do it for me.:eek:

12. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

My kid was doing a math problem the other day and it was killing me, she was taking five extra steps.
    So I told her, "You know, you're taking the long way home, is that o.k. with you?"
    "Yes," she says immediately, "as long as I get home."
    :p
    (And she did.)

13. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

THNZ, along with YDMV pretty much says it all. :cwds:

14. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

You got there and that's all that matters! :D