- advertisement -

things we do .. for dexcom users

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by betty6333, Apr 14, 2009.

1. brownkkeb

brownkkeb Approved members

Betty6333 -

I think I saw in a previous post that you were using two receivers, are you still with the new system?

Also, since I'm such a newbie, is there anything I should be asking the trainer when she comes next week?

Also, I agree, waiting anxiously for that Dex / OmniPod integration. BTW, did you order a new PDM? (Another new thing to play with....)

2. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

I want to, but have sent the second system back to the previous owner as , the previous owner was using the navigator, and now wanted to use a dexcom again.

I may have the second reciever back, depending on how things go, but at the very least I'll buy a second in august, so that I will have it.

I have ordered the new PDM for the omnipod. I am excited for the light at the end, but was very. very dissapointed that the IOB issue wasn't fixed.
    I enter food as a correction, so I do have IOB calculated, but they should have gotten it worked out. Leaving food boluses out was a big mistake IMO.

3. Jacque471

Jacque471 Approved members

Well, we are finally up and running with the Plus and loving it so far. We had a bad sensor so they are replacing it and even asked that we return the bad on so QC can take a look at it to try and prevent the problem in the future.

This time I cut a hole in the middle of my opsite so I am not covering the actual transmitter, just adding extra tape around it. Hopefully he doesn't get it caught on his diaper or something and rip it out!

So far it is reading great. We may need to change the rise/fall settings for alarms since it has been going off every time he eats something LOL.

We'll see how it goes tonight!

I also got confirmation from the nurse that if it drops to 55 there it definitely beeps and not vibrate first. I had heard somewhere it only vibrated and then beeped if unanswered. She said that is not true. Hopefully we don't get that low, but if we do, it needs to beep LOUDLY because that means he is probably 40 already.

Also, the other side of his hiney looks better now. It is still kind of scabby, but it is healing, so that is good!

4. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

that is good to hear ! I am glad they are replacing the sensor, and you have a good site to use . Hopefully he will allow some arm sites soon. I am glad that the 55 is a beep for you. When my son is 55 I want alarms and all sorts of warning that he is in danger!

5. Jacque471

Jacque471 Approved members

55 should be a Fog Horn, rattle the house kind of sound cause we need to know FAST! LOL I guess we will have to settle for loud beeps :D