- advertisement -

The Trialnet thread got me thinking...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by quiltinmom, Feb 17, 2011.

1. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

Will trialNet come to you, or do you have to go to them? Or does it vary depending on where you live?

2. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Our endo's office offered the free blood draw to any siblings. Our 22 year old went in a few months after Molly's dx (he has a severe needle phobia...I had to promise a fat Chipotle and numbing cream). We got a letter in the mail around 7 weeks later saying no antibodies and he was no longer in the trail. If you test positive, they call. Check with your endo.

3. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

They will send you a kit to take to a lab near you (they have a list of participating labs) or if you prefer they will reimburse you for getting the blood drawn at a lab of your choosing.

4. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

Since Cassidy is doing the trialnet study, we just took Skylee to were they do the study work on Cassidy and they do the blood draw there. Lets us kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Since Skylee is under 18 they will do a draw on her every year to watch for the antibodies if we wish.

5. sassypantz

sassypantz Approved members

They were at Diabetes Camp on registration day last summer for us. We wouldn't have had the opportunity otherwise.

6. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

My husband and I did it at a walk.

My dd met with a local person taking blood draws for trial net at the endo office.

We did travel for the OGTT. But we made it a mini vacation. they will reimbuse you for your time and some of the travel expences.

7. Mik's Mom

Mik's Mom Approved members

we did our first test at the family diabetes camp and the endo's office provides free testing

8. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

They offer it at our endo's office (Joslin).

Even though Lilly tested negative they wanted her to continue with the study. We choose not to.

9. tom_ethansdad

tom_ethansdad Approved members

We have them send the kits to us. We take them to one of their approved local labs. The lab does the blood draw and takes care of sending everything back. Doesn't cost anything.