- advertisement -

The realisation that undiagnosed diabetes would have killed me...

Discussion in 'Teens' started by KeishaAlexia, Dec 18, 2011.

1. KeishaAlexia

KeishaAlexia Approved members

This morning I realised that had my diabetes (Type 1) not been diagnosed in time, I would have died. I was diagnosed 9 years ago (to the day I believe). Christmas does not give me good memories because I was diagnosed at this time and I realised that I could have also died at this time. For this reason I haven't been feeling Christmas this year. I was wondering if anybody else has had the same realisation and if so how did you handle it? :confused:

2. emm142

emm142 Approved members

For me, the best way to handle it is to rationalise it. There are a million other things every single day which could kill me if they were different. I didn't die, and now I have the tools to look after myself. There is no point dwelling on the past, and I'm not scared of something which didn't happen - so I guess I just don't think about it.

3. coldblood676

coldblood676 Approved members

Because you have realized this you should rejoice. Because somewhere up there god is looking down on you and saying "I have plans for this person"

When you look at yourself, try and use this realization as a positive thought to try and say, "Okay, im diabetic. Im blessed that this disease was found and now i will dedicate myself to handling and managing this disease."

As diabetics it is our job to make sure we can accept our disease for what it is and be thankful that we were able to find it when we did.

If you need to ever chat about this please feel free to send me a message =D i always love chats.

-Luke Saunderson

4. KeishaAlexia

KeishaAlexia Approved members

Thank you for the kind messages. At the time of posting that question I was at a suckish place, but things are AWESOME now :D Seriously, I've realised not to stress over it, but thank you anyway ^_^