- advertisement -

The Phillies game last night

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by kierbabi09, Oct 28, 2008.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I don't know if any of you watch baseball (MLB) but the Phillies are on the world series. I don't really watch baseball or understand most of it. But last night was game 5 (I think).
    Anyways...It was the beginning of the 6th inning and what happens? Well the Rays (I think) tied with the Phillies and.......they had to stop playing. It started to POUR rain, it was like 30degrees out, and so windy. It snowed today, YES SNOW:eek: so they can't play again till tomorrow night. Now if they win....the city of Philadelphia will, most likely be closed on friday and they are alreasy planning a parade. We have not won a world series since like 1983. So....I don't know what the point of this post was:p but I guess I just had to share that.

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

I cheering for the Phillies to win. I wasn't exactly a happy camper when the Rays won against the Red Soxs in the 7th game. SO..of course I cheering for the team that eliminated my team. Even though I still perfered the Red Sox to win back to back.

3. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I've never really watched any 'real' sports(Basebell, Football, etc.). My english teacher did mention that they have to play game 5 over again. She didn't state a reason though.

4. kierbabi09

Me either. I don't like sports, but I figured if they won the world series I would want to see that happen, ya know? Who knows when the next time will be?
    Yup, that was why. They were thinking of resuming the game at 1am, but decided to hold the game until today or tomorrow. They are goona play tomorrow, it's been pouring here today, and the stadium is wet. So...let's see how it goes, huh?

5. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

:eek:IT SNOWED! Wow! Here it usually rains...
    I usually tune into baseball on the radio when it's the Astros vs the Cardinals. I am an ardent Cards fan, mainly to antagonize my brother (Like my prediction that they'd win against the Astros in the World series that year :p I'm horrible aren't I?) I really haven't paid much attention to baseball this year though.

6. kierbabi09

I'm not much of a baseball fan either. I would rather be AT the game, than watch it on TV.
    But I figured my team might win thr world series and if they do they I wanna see it. I don't know how long it might be till next time.

7. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

It snowed here too!

8. misscaitp

I watch, play, or actually go to the game for almost any sport. Except, NASCAR, I guess I just don't realize what is so fun about going around a track 500 times.

It only rained here yesterday and today. But I didn't realize yesterday because I fell asleep.

9. misscaitp

AND THE PHILLIES TAKE IT ALL!

(still think it should have been Boston in the world series)

10. kierbabi09

WOOOHHHHOOOOOO:D:D:D:D
    That is so exciting. Philly is going CRAZY. there are people EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. type?girl1018

type?girl1018 Approved members

Well im glad your team won if mine couldnt:)! (i am a die hard crazy red sox fan) i was soo mad when they didnt make it:mad:! at least someone got their way though. and as for the snow, it snowed here yesterday and today as well:eek:. not much but enough to see the flakes and know it was there. it was also freezing!

12. misscaitp

Congrats to the Phillies but it'll be Boston going all the way next year.

13. type?girl1018

type?girl1018 Approved members

Oh yeah definitely Boston next year!, gotta have faith:)! GO RED SOX!!! Can ya tell i'm from Mass. or what:eek:?? I absolutely love the red sox!!! always have and always will!:D