- advertisement -

The pain of putting up with idiot comments

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Pepper1, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Pepper1

Pepper1 Approved members

Thank you so much everyone

Thank you for letting me vent, it is MIL, of course, 87 years old, and I would of dearly loved to have locked her in the loo for 2 days and a tape played non-stop to her about type 1 and being gluten free, however I still don't think the stupid old bag would of worked it out, sigh! I always make sure, daughter (14) has a snack and sugar free drink before arriving at that wretched woman's house, hence being told, "no, thank you" 3 x!!

SIL was also there also, and because her DOG, yes her DOG, has insulin 2x a day, well she knew everything, so she thought, daughter was then intregrated. "Are your levels stable and manageable" ??? etc, christ don't you just hate that stupid comment!!!

You try and try to educate these idiots and all you see is a face just slowly glazing over, in utter confusion or boredom, I am unsure??

Got cruddy cheap Xmas presents also, and we leave, steam coming out of my ears, and she yells out, see you all again soon. Hell will freeze over before that happens I thought!!!

2. chelsedin

chelsedin Approved members

That is SO insensitive! I am angry FOR you! Children have diabetes, but it doesn't define them- which people don't seem to consider when they think these things.
    Hopefully they will seek more education and come around...

3. Tiff's mom

Tiff's mom Approved members

"You try and try to educate these idiots and all you see is a face just slowly glazing over, in utter confusion or boredom, I am unsure??"

Oh, God, yes THAT look! I don't know but I get that look every single time Diabetes is mentioned. I swear I still constantly question myself whether I even know what I'm talking about...
    English is not my native language so maybe that's the problem. lol.