- advertisement -

The "GOOD NEWS" thread If you have some...Post it here :D

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Heather(CA), May 22, 2010.

1. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

This is a great thread. Thanks for starting it, Our dd14 was recommended for Women's Honor Choir as she goes to HS next year. Generally, this is not a privileged for freshmen, you have to be a sophmore to participate. She is very excited and we are so proud of her. :D

2. Rukio

Rukio Banned

Hey! They have the same dog crate we use for corgi in the background! xDDD That was really the first thing I noticed xD. Cute puppy!

I has good news! Corgi completely ignored five dogs that we saw on our walk. She only got jumpy when a male chihuahua got on the front porch. (can you blame her?) xDDDD She generally will ignore other dogs now! Its so great. Shes well on her way and we can check off more and more achievements. ^^

3. TEXSONMOM

TEXSONMOM Approved members

I had a great surprise last night. Our neighbor behind us cut down his 4 30 ft pine trees that have been dropping needles in our pool for 9 years. The pine needles actually cause our pool water to become toxic from the acid and we have had to drain our pool and have it acid washed a couple times a year.

Our neighbor lost his job two years ago and couldn't afford to cut them down, but he got a new job 6 month ago and so yesterday he surprised us.

YEA for summer coming up!!!

4. Snowbound

Snowbound Approved members

We've been in a pretty good groove on the D front - more or less. :cwds:

Summer vacation plans are all set, including sending both boys away to camp for 2 weeks giving us a chance to catch up on sleep and spend time together, including a 4 day trip to Quebec City (where we went on our honeymoon).

On the puppy theme, Lyle is now house trained so there's one less reason to get up in the middle of night.

View attachment 2238

5. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

DS got worked in to the endo after them sending us a letter stating he wouldn't be able to be seen until September. Now he goes a week from yesterday!

6. jules12

jules12 Approved members

Our good news is that we made it through field day with an average bg of 100!!!

My dd is being surprised with awards in Math, Science, and PE on Friday at school and she got her best time in the mile yet.

Finally, kids are done with school this week!!!! Yeah! Summer can officially start!

7. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

I am on vacation this week, so I got to help a close friend by staying at the hospital with her during a procedure. On the way home, we had a long and relaxed lunch. When I got home, Abbey was in the middle school practice field (we live next to the school) and she came running over to the fence to say "Hi and Luv ya"-these are simple pleasures I don't get very often. I hope everyone is having a great day.

8. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

About this time last year my employer put us employees on a reduced work schedule that started as a 3 day/30 hour work week then in December of last year reduced it again to working every other week and as you can imagine finances were running thin. The good news is that about 2 months ago my employer won a bid with a customer that wanted the product ASAP which meant going from a every other week work schedule to a 6 day/60 hour every week which was beginning to really drain me and my fellow employees physically (fabricating structural steel isn't for the light hearted:eek:). We ended up fabricating steel faster than the receiving yard could keep up so we're back to a 40 hour work week and to top it all off we'll continue to be working full time because my employer is finally able to find more work for us to keep us working full time.

9. Bahama-mama

Bahama-mama Approved members

DD has had a great week :D Last Tuesday her Cheerleading team won The Bahamas National Cheerleading Competition for the second year in a row. :D Last year was the first year her school had a team.
    And then on Friday she received a Literacy award. Of the 11,485 children that sat the Literacy exam DD was one of 161 that received a perfect score.
    Just another example of not letting D get in the way.
    She was in clips on the local news for both events.
    She is the flyer in the middle.

10. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

I love threads like this. Reminds us no matter how bad things can seem, there always is something to be thankful for!

This has been a good few months for us. Too many things to list, but here is a few!

My Dad sold his business(started in 1997), to open up a restaurant with my brother. It is called Dad & Dude's Breweria (Hint....Pizzeria and Brewery;)). They are starting construction in the next few weeks....plans to open mid-august.

Because he sold the business we were able to pull down the old fencing, and put up new paddock fencing for the horses. As well as start construction on an outdoor arena (132x66 I think it ended up being after leveling). The fencing goes up tomorrow for it:cwds: . Horse people will understand why that is exciting LOL

I got a nearly 5% raise at work because of a position change. I have been there nearly 2 years, and it feels good to have something stable for now.....because of the raise I was able to afford the extra Photography class(Film Photography, always wanted to learn!) I wanted to take at College for Summer Semester. Class started this week, and I am so excited!