- advertisement -

The EASY way to find other diabetics in your area ( JUST FOR FUN)

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by SunnyReid, Nov 2, 2010.

1. SunnyReid

SunnyReid Approved members

I have noticed something regarding diabetics...in thier driveways and around the wheelie bins you can ALWAYS see used testing strips....How do you keep them at bay???:p:p:D:confused:

2. tiger7lady

tiger7lady Approved members

I wish I knew! They are littered around the house like confetti. It doesn't matter if I've swept and vacuumed that day I will still find them lying around. Drives me nuts!

3. sbsmith1804

sbsmith1804 Approved members

HAHA!!! This made me laugh!!! I know every time I open my car door one flies out!!! Or how about when I open his meter to have him test...It's like it has its own party in there!!!

4. momtoirishtwins

momtoirishtwins Approved members

Haha I was cleaning under the couch cushions today, and I couldnt believe how many I found!! I also laughed as we visited my inlaws on Halloween and saw a strip next to their sidewalk. The other day, my 4 year started cracking up when looking at me, and I couldnt figure out why till he pulled a strip out of my hair. He had put it on the arm of the couch to throw away after testing, and I had laid my head down for a second.
    I have no idea how they get all the places they do!

5. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

We have quite a few of those parties.... until Mom or Dad, the big party poopers, yell to clean out the kit!! :)

They are EVERYWHERE! :)

6. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

I'm on my third vacuum in two years. I think test strips have a lot to do with it.

7. AmyMCGS

AmyMCGS Approved members

Too funny-- only because it's true!

I can't figure out how there are so many in places that she doesn't normally test- such as my bedroom or the master bath. My only guess is that they travel there on our clothes or shoes.

I think they multiply in the dark.... :D

8. azdrews

azdrews Approved members

I was folding CLEAN laundry today and found test strips stuck to the clothes...must have survived the washer AND the dryer!

My car is littered with them. I even find them on the sidewalk at my son's preschool....from days ago!

9. januaryblue

januaryblue Approved members

S pulled on a clean sweatshirt the other day and a test strip came flying out. It's crazy.

10. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

Ha ha! If you use the freestyle - they sparkle in the sun on the driveway! A dead giveaway!:D