- advertisement -

The Dr. Pepper from the Black Lagoon!

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by Diet Dr. Pepper, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

Okay. There's a reason for the crazy title. It's a little story that just happened to me, which I find quite funny. Hopefully it won't completely bore you!

Well, I had just gotten out of my nice, hot shower, where I was singing and dancing :eek: to my shower radio. Once I got in my PJs, I felt a little shaky. I test and am 78. Not too low, really. But I have a craving. For something sweet. So I run to the kitchen and open the fridge, hoping to find some chocolate pudding. Darn! We don't have any! Just as I'm about to shut the doors to the fridge, I spot them: Three of those little 8oz cans of.... Dr. Pepper! Regualar Dr. Pepper!

An idea pops into my abnormally small head (seriously, my head is small...). I look left, and then right. Nobody is near me. Everybody is asleep. I grab a Dr. Pepper and dash to my room, thinking "I got it! It's all mine! I'm going to DRINK IT, and NOBODY can stop me! Mwahahahahaha!" I get to my room and shut the door. Now before we go any further, let me point out that I haven't had a single sip of regular soda since I was dx'd in summer '03. I'm not 'allowed' to drink regular soda. (My own rules, don't feel like bolusing for that many carbs only to go low later). Well, naiive little me, is now feeling rather giddy.

I stare at the little can of Dr. Pepper sitting innocently in front of me. A smile creeps up on my face. Because I've never been in trouble and always followed all the rules (never even got written up in school!), I'm feeling very much like a rebel. :rolleyes: I pick up the Dr. Pepper and hold it close to my face. I can almost smell it, almost taste it's sweet, sweet delisiousness. I open the can, and smell it. It smells so very good! I slowly bring the opening of the can to my mouth, take a sip, and then.... I promptly spit the drink out! YUCK! It tastes HORRIBLE! NOTHING like I thought it would! It's horrible bitter, and just flat-out disgusting!

I run back to the kitchen, poor the rest of the 8oz tastes-like-it-came-from-deep-down-in-the-black-lagoon Dr. Pepper into the sink and throw the can away. Ick! I rinse my mouth out with water. Ah! So much better! Then I go to search for other, better tasting foods or drinks to bring me back up. My night of over-due teenage rebellion (if you can call it that) has ended, and I plan to NEVER drink regular soda again for as long as I shall live!

So there's my story that happened earlier tonight. I popped some yummy popcorn and ate that for my 'low'. What'd you think?! Lol. I tried to make it interesting, haha.

Does anybody else HATE regular soda after drinking diet for so long? Ugh! I'm glad my name is DDP, instead of just DP... I'd change it otherwise...

2. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I'm right there with you. I HATE regular soda. It's gross and tastes, IMO, like dish soad:eek::p (not that I would know what that taste like, but what I would think it would taste like). I would rather treat a low with juice or a fountain soda (those taste fine to me) than A CAN of soda.

3. emm142

emm142 Approved members

^-^ this made me smile because for the first time since dx yesterday i had... real soda! and it was soooo good! i managed to cover it right as well, and the highest i went was 160. yeahh! (i was doing extra activity though, i doubt i could pull that bolus off any day.)

oh, and, i'd never tried dr. pepper before wednesday, my bf had a bottle and forced me to try some when i said i never had before.. and it's sooo much nicer than i expected! :D (new addiction!) that was dr. pepper zero though, i have no experience with "real" dr. pepper.

4. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I've never heard of dr pepper zero before...hmm i will need to look for it.
    I HATE regular soda. If I'm super low I might drink one, but I don't like it. Thanks for sharing your story; I enjoyed it.

5. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

me too! yuck! nobody gets it, though.....:cwds:. egh....i can practically taste the nasty stuff:rolleyes::eek:

6. dksimo@comcast.net

dksimo@comcast.net Approved members

How could anyone dis the DOCtOR LOL

Nothing beats a cold Dr Pepper in my opinion!!! LOVE IT of course I have not been Diabetic that long either. Hey I heard that Nick Jonas is supposed to visit Childrens hospital in Pittsburgh August 2009. :cool:

7. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I hate reg cokes as well, now that I've been drinking diet for so long. I'll drink reg Coke for a low if I have too, but reg DP is SO nasty!!!

8. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

cool:cool:! what is it for/is it something you'll be able to go to?