- advertisement -

The Diabetes Search Engine

Discussion in 'Other Diabetes Products' started by BernFarr, Jul 16, 2007.

1. BernFarr

BernFarr Approved members

Recently I found out about a Google product called Custom Search Engines. They allow you to control which sites Google searches for an answer.

I've used these facilities to create a Diabetes Search Engine. Currently it searches over 400 sites that are all about diabetes. These include: diabetes blogs; diabetes hospitals and treatment centers; diabetes device manufacturers; diabetes research; diabetes organizations and anything else related to diabetes that I can find. I'm trying to make sure I only add sites that have valuable information.

The good news is that it produces really useful results. The bad news is that I need to categorize the sites more clearly. Also the Google ads include some of those bogus diabetes cure type of ads. I'm going to start removing those once I figure it out.

If you use the search engine and click on an advert, the money goes to me. I will be using all funds raised by advertising between now and September 8th to sponsor my Diabetes Bike Ride that supports the Type 1 research by Dr. Denise Faustman.

Once I have that ride behind me, I'll use the funds raised for something else related to diabetes support. So the money will go to a good cause.

If you have any suggestions for sites that I'm missing, please drop me an e-mail.

2. glorijeff

glorijeff Approved members

Thank you! What a great tool!

3. lisamomtotwins

lisamomtotwins Approved members

Thats great, thanks!