- advertisement -

The Diabetes Dude mass flocking-08/26/10

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by TheDiabetesDude, Aug 21, 2010.

1. TheDiabetesDude

TheDiabetesDude New Member

Hi Everyone!
    I'm Noah, The Diabetes Dude, I'm 9 years old, and I have type 1 diabetes. I started a diabetes awareness campaign a few months ago using blue plasting lawn flamingos that I name, each with a "D" name, and send out to people all over the country. My goal is to reach all 50 states by the end of 2010. For anyone who doesn't know about my campaign, please visit my website, www.thediabetesdude.com for more information.

I'm writing to you because you have a chance to be part of a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of my campaign! On Thursday, August 26th, 2010, I will be loading a chartered bus from Massachusetts with a bunch of my friends and my blue flamingos and we are headed for New York City! We plan to do a mass flocking of The Today Show at NBC on Thursday! We will arrive by 5:30 AM and plan to stay for the duration of the taping (about 10 am). We are asking if you live in the New York area (or surrounding states) and it's not too much of a problem for you to get there, that you join us and take part in this diabetes movement! If you do plan to join us, please wear a blue shirt so we know that you are with The Diabetes Dude! If you live in the Massachusetts area and would like to take part in this, we do have a few spots left on my bus, and there is no charge to make the trip with us! If you are anywhere else in the country and would like to show your support, please tell everyone you know to watch the Today Show on NBC this Thursday, August 26th and watch for the sea of blue shirts and blue flamingos!

If you are interested in way in taking part in this event or in my campaign, please email me at email@thediabetesdude.com as soon as possible! We are trying to prove to everyone that we may have diabetes, but diabetes does NOT have us! It's time we let people know that diabetes is a REAL disease!

2. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

Sounds great! Good luck. I hope there is a sea of blue on Thursday. I'll be watching.

3. annaluvspink

annaluvspink Approved members

I'll be watching--good luck! Thanks for spreading Type 1 Diabetes awareness.

4. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

Thank you Noah !!! I will be watching too !!!:D

5. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

Awesome job Noah!! You rock!