- advertisement -

the day of being diagnosed

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Rayuzaki, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Rayuzaki

Rayuzaki Approved members

the day of being diagnosed is nevr fun, it can be scary, saddening, and upsetting, i was diagnosed on Nov. 27, the day after my birthday, i had turned nine, for a few days i had been drinking a lot of water and using the bathroom more than i shouldve, i was taken to the doctors, they took a blood test and a urine sample, my parents were then told i had diabetes, i was in the hospital for 5 days as i was given the insulin and was tested as needed, once when i was woken in the middle of the night for a blood test i fell asleep while the needle was still in my arm cuz i was so tired, after i left the hospital i learned about the insulin and shots i needed to take, eventually i got the pump and slowly lernd how 2 use it, im now 14, ill be 15 this year in Nov., i began changing the injection sites with the pump on my own 1 or 2 yrs ago, i lernd how to give myself shots as well, i hav much control ovr my condition, ive experienced ketoasidoses twice in the same week thinking that it was the flu, the 2nd time i had it, i was very hyper after most of the day and i was very weak as tho i had a low bg, it turns out that i was going into a coma, i now kno how to treat ketoasidoses and wat to do if my pump doesnt seem to help, well thats how i was diagnosed with diabetes and when i had ketoasidoses last summer

2. icanhazjoy

icanhazjoy Approved members

I was diagnosed on December 1st, 2003. I had been sick for a couple of days before, and I couldn't eat. I had lost 20 pounds, and the day I went into the hospital I was drifting in and out of consciousness, and an ambulance had to come and fetch me. My eyes were sunken into the back of my skull, practically. And my tongue was swollen so badly that I couldn't speak. I got into the hospital and the first thing they did that I remember is tell me I had diabetes. There was no tests or anything done, I guess it was just pretty plainly obvious. Oh well. Diabetes, for the win? Nat.

3. techman93

techman93 Approved members

i was diagnosed in august, 1999. I was really tired, lost a lot of weight, and was always thirsty and going to the bathroom, A LOT!! i was only 6 at the time and she had to be responsible for all the education that needed to be done and give me my shots till i was older. i remember being woken up at like 3 in the morning to take a blood test. it wasnt fun, but it is something that i will never forget