- advertisement -

The best we can do

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by TimO, Nov 18, 2009.

1. TimO

TimO Approved members

I've been reading so many posts about how we try, try, try. Don't be so hard on yourself. After five years as a D parent I think I have the right to say EVERY DAY IS A DIABETES DAY. As frustrating as it is to admit, this is what we need to remember. We do the best we can do as parents. 10, 12, 14, 16 finger pokes a day. Black finger tips on the ones we love the most. Our babies forever. Whether we're dads (like me) or moms, we do everything we can to keep our D kids safe and healthy. We do the best we can do, there's nothing more we can do than the best we can do.

2. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

Thanks Tim.:)

Sometimes we just need reminding that we are indeed human!

3. 22jules

22jules Approved members

So true and so important to keep in mind! Thanks!:)

4. Toni

Toni Banned

The best we can do is pretty darn good most of the time, I agree.

5. Bill

Bill Approved members

Thanks Tim for reminding us that we are doing our best for our children. :) I have mentioned this several times that it amazes me how well our son has managed. Despite my parental worries, I should take some more cues from him about how well we are doing in keeping him safe and healthy.

6. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

This is very true.

I think, however, that, because of D's nature, perfect numbers are impossible, IMO. And I think until we realize we can't achieve perfection with this disease, we'll continue to beat ourselves up.

But you are right, all we can do is do our best, with the tools we have and the knowledge we acquire.

That is not to say that sometimes our best may not need a little tweak now and then.;)

7. momma_fish2007

momma_fish2007 Approved members

I think all of us have to remind ourselves at some point or other nearly every day that what we're doing is what is best for our babies and that it is just another one of those things that you acclimate to.

Thanks for the reminder!

8. mikesmom58

mikesmom58 Approved members

The key is to do your best but always strive to do better.