- advertisement -

Thankyou all

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MelStan, Apr 18, 2011.

1. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Mel, thanks for posting. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for you to write. I think about you and Eilish every day. I wish there was something better we could say or do.

2. slpmom2

slpmom2 Approved members

Thank you for sharing your story, Mel. You did what made perfect sense, and is what any of us would have done, and have done. I cannot imagine what you are going through, but hope that it helps to know that many, many people have been touched by this story and by Eilish's life.

3. lynn

lynn Approved members

Thank you so much for posting here. You are so strong, even if you don't feel it. I am so glad that the diabetes community around the world has been able to help carry you with their prayers and thoughts and love these past six months. Your daughter was special and so are you, Mel. I bet if Eilish were beside you right now she would chastise you for blaming yourself. As sucky as it is to here; sometimes things happen that we have no control over. I'm so sorry for that.

I have prayed for you and Charlie and Ella for six months and I will continue to.

4. Mom2Kathy

Mom2Kathy Approved members

I would like to thank you for sharing your story and I will continue to pray for your family. It hits us all very close, especially knowing you did what any one of us would have done. God Bless.

5. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Thank you, Mel. I cannot imagine how difficult it was for you to write this post. Though I don't say it enough, you and your family have a very place in my heart. Thank you again.

6. Tiff's mom

Tiff's mom Approved members

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter... My heart goes out to you and your family.
    Thank you for posting this.

7. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

I admire your strength and courage to post your story. What you and your husband did for Ellish sounds exactly like what any of us would have done. I hope you can get to a place in your heart where you can remember the wonderful times more often than this heartbreaking time. As a mom, I can't imagine your loss.

8. bnmom

bnmom Approved members

I think of you so often Mel, my heart breaks for you. You are a wonderful mom, you did what any vigilant parent would do!

This obscene blow that fate dealt you is so absolutely unfair. Please know you and your family are in my prayers always.

9. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

Mel~
    That could have been any of us- you did nothing wrong. :cwds:
    My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family. Thank you so much for sharing, and caring enough to post and let us know.
    My heart goes out to you.

10. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

Thank you for coming back, Mel. You are strong, and brave, and you guys did it all RIGHT.

We love you...

11. ashleesmommy

ashleesmommy Approved members

I think about you and your family often! You are and will continue to be in my prayers. Thank you for your courage to share this!!

12. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

Mel,

No words. Simpy that you are one courageous women to share your story. Thank you. My heart continues to go out to you, and your family.

13. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

I know I don't post a lot, but I think about you and pray for your family often Mel. Hugs

14. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

Thank you for sharing your story. It's a brave and selfless act.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

15. kk4jbird

kk4jbird Approved members

I can't begin to imagine the sorrow you must feel and there are no words to express how saddened I am for your loss. And please, please let go of the guilt. You did not "fail". This breaks my heart to see you feel this on top of the pain you must be enduring. Your family and your sweet Eilish will be in my prayers.

16. Michelle (IL)

Michelle (IL) Approved members

Mel, I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said by the previous posters. I just want to add my thanks. I will keep you, Charlie and Ella in my continued prayers. We may not really "know" each other but I have been touched deeply by your words. I feel truly honored to have been given the opportunity to get to know your beautiful daughter through your shared photos, stories, and Elish's amazing poems. (((Hugs)))

17. lisab

lisab Approved members

Mel......I think of you and your family everyday.
    HUGS to you, Charlie and Ella xxxx

18. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

Mel - Thank-you so much for sharing, it was very kind of you to give PofCWD this information. I agree with all the pp, you acted in the best interest of Eilish and in NO WAY failed.

Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts.:cwds:

Wanda

19. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

Thank you for sharing that with us. I am so sorry for your loss...I will be praying for your family.

20. Pauji5

Pauji5 Approved members

thank you for sharing your story. My heart goes out to you and your family. I pray that you will find some peace.