- advertisement -

Thankyou all

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MelStan, Apr 18, 2011.

1. joan

joan Approved members

I am so sorry to read your post and cannot imagine how hard it was to write. Thank you for posting. My prayers are with you and your family.

2. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

Mel - my mommy heart is breaking for your unimaginable grief! I too, have thought of you and your family often - and will continue to do so! May there be some answers to bring you to some peace! How you handled D that night, is how many of us would have done it! Prayers for you and your family!

3. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Oh Mel:( Ive cried so many times for you and Charlie. I know how much you adored Eilish and I feared that you would both be guilt ridden after her death. I so wish I could take that away for you, take away some of the ache for you both. I can promise you that you did everything humanly possible to take the best care of Eilish that you knew how. That you would have gladly stepped in front of a train if it meant her life would be spared. You did everything you could to keep her safe from harm Im just so damn sorry that she's gone:( I hope that one day you understand that you couldnt have changed the outcome, its just not in our power to do that unfortunately. I pray that you find peace and some joy in Eilish's memories, I know you have so many vivid, happy ones of her smiling and laughing and living her life to the fullest:cwds:

4. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Thank you for posting. I have though often of your family.:cwds: Don't blame yourself. I would have left a 108 with no IOB too. Must have been other sickness issues you could not have controlled.

5. ShanaB

ShanaB Approved members

Thank you for posting Mel. My heart aches for you, Charlie, and Ella and has for the past six months. I can't imagine the pain you are feeling but know that your CWD family is always here for support and to give you strength.

Big hugs.

6. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

Thank you so much for sharing your heart with us. I think of you and your family often, though I am a relative newcomer so didn't really "know" you, your story and your sweet daughter will be with me forever in spirit. It took a lot of courage and I know it must have been heartbreaking to write that all out for us. My heart is simply weeping for you. I wish you all the blessings this world has to offer, know that your daughter will not be forgotten by this community and her spirit shines on all of us.

I'm so sorry. No other words really. Diabetes is just not fair. We need a cure so badly.

7. momof2here

momof2here Approved members

Dear Mel -

It is so hard to find the words to express my sorrow for you and your family and gratitude for you sharing the story of what happened. I cannot even begin to imagine your grief and wish that I could take some of it away - if my tears right now could do it, it would be all gone for sure.

I have learned from what you have written - you and your husband did everything right that evening, everything that you should have done and more and that is all that we can expect of ourselves. Your daughter knew how very much she was loved and cared about and she left this world knowing that deep love. We will all continue to do that for our kids as that is truly our most important job.

I hope your sorrow will lessen with time and those wonderful memories will be the everpresent glow that you and your family deserve to experience. (((((Mel)))))

8. Traci

Traci Approved members

My heart just breaks for your family. I am so sorry. Thank you for coming here to speak with us.

9. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

I am so sorry for your loss and greatly appreciate your sharing this with us.

10. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Mel, I think of you and Eilish daily. You did exactly what I would have. :(

11. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Mel,
    I know how hard that was for you to post that but I think it was very important for you and for everyone here. I am glad you are getting some confirmation from the doctor's that this was not related to a low blood glucose level. I hope someday you come to realize that you did not fail her in the slightest.

12. Liongirl4

Liongirl4 Approved members

Thank you for sharing with us, and may some day you find comfort in your memories of your beautiful daughter.

13. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Oh, Mel. How very thoughtful of you to make that post. I can't imagine how much strength it must have taken to come back to do so, and want to thank you. You will always be a part of our community.

I think of you and Charlie and Ella so very often. Eilish touched so many lives in her too-short time on earth. She was a beautiful girl, inside and out.

14. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Mel,

Thank you for sharing your story..it must have very difficult. As others have said, I also would have done exactly the same as you did.

You and your family continue to be in my thoughts.

15. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Words cannot express how much we care about you and your family! Please know that we continue to be here for you in our hearts and prayers and thoughts.

Thanks for sharing a difficult post. (((HUGS!)))

16. monkeyschool

monkeyschool Approved members

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am so sorry for your incredible loss...Prayers and hugs for your family.

17. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

Mel,

Thank you so much for sharing. I don't know you. My son was diagnosed only a year ago...but for the last 6 months, I think of you and your sweet daughter so often. Prayers for strength and healing going up for your family. (((((HUGS))))

18. chbarnes

chbarnes Approved members

God bless you and your family. Thank you for sharing your story.

19. Alex's Dad

Alex's Dad Approved members

Mel, although I don't know you personally, the news about Eilish passing struck very deep in my heart, and I have your family in my thoughts everyday. Thank you very much for sharing those painful details with us, please don't blame yourself you guys did everything right. Your family will always be in our hearts.

20. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

Thank you for sharing. I don't know you but I do think of your family often since learning of your devastating loss,and wish you all healing and peace of mind.