- advertisement -

Thank goodness fro Ultra one Touch!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by zapsmom, Jun 13, 2012.

1. zapsmom

zapsmom Approved members

Ultra one touch really came through for us today! It all is b/c the school mess up again with my DD's D kit! I am at a meeting for DD at the school when her EA came in to talk to me. She told me she had to show me something and it was my DD's tester which was broken! She tells me that she went to test Z and find the tester like this. It was broken where you pull back the spring. the end piece was broken off. She told me that it was fine yesterday after school. Someone had gone into her mini backpack and pull out her kit and broke her tester and put the kit back in the bag. They even zipped the pack back up and put it on the shelf. They were just able to use it once before coming to get me and at that time, she was low at a 3.4. I was able to get Dh to bring the tester we have at home to the school for them to use. I spoke to the principal who struggled me off by telling me it is an easy fix. Well, this is the second time someone has done soemthing to DD's D supplies. The first time, they were stealing her grandola bars from the emergency supplies for her. NOW this. We do not have extra one so the drugstore we use told me to call Ultra one touch which I did. THEY were GREAT! The person was very supportive and told me they would send us out a free tester. They also are sending us the new meter that is out for us to try. the person reassured me that it would be out in the next two days! So I am very thankful for Ultra One touch service and their great support! Just wish the school was that supportive when it comes to her supplies which are now going to be locked up at night!

2. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Yeah, I would suggest having at least 1 spare meter kit, if not more.....I think I have like 3 up in the cabinet.....I don't even use them....

Sounds like things are resolved....hope so at least..

As for the mystery of the broken lancer....I don't know....it sounds weird.....someone breaks into her kit and breaks her lancer? I don't know....

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  3. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

So sorry for the troubles at school!

We've had very good experience with their customer service as well.

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Most endos have meters they can give you for free. We must have 5 minis meters, 2 larger ones and the Ping. Each came with a pricker -- so these are numerous as well.

Time to start collecting these things.

5. momof2marchboys

momof2marchboys Approved members

So what is the schools plan so this doesn't happen again? How are other kids getting ahold of her diabetes supplies?
    Our son who is 6 has his supplies in the school office in a cabinet that only the adults have access to

6. zapsmom

zapsmom Approved members

The plan now is to have her pack locked in a cupboard at the end of the school day. Up till now, it was on a shelf. Her emergency supplies (juice boxes and grandola bars etc) have been locked up since March. My plan for September is to get a metal box that can be locked for all her supplies. The school is puzzled on why her D stuff is being messed with now especailly since her class has been talked to about Z's D.