- advertisement -

Test Strips Everywhere

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Meredithsmom, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Meredithsmom

Meredithsmom Approved members

In the last 4 years I have found test strips everywhere. I think they multiply on there own and can move independently. This morning I found one in the refrigerator. Really? How did it get in there? Have you found strips in surprising places, too?

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

In the bottom of the chest freezer when I defrosted it. Yes, they are everywhere.

3. Jenneve93

Jenneve93 Approved members

I wish there was a "like" button here as on FB. lol Yes, I find them everywhere as well.

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We found one in the cat's litter box and another time hanging from her tail!

My daughter has a bad habit of leaving her strips lying around. I've told her that I'm going to start charging her a penny for each one I find.:p

5. CAGrandma

CAGrandma Approved members

Inside a sock. On a foot, inside a shoe.

We've started putting the used ones in one of the little pockets in the meter kit. Then emptying it periodically. It seems like so much work to actually take a single strip to the trash, but since the kit is in his hand already it isn't too hard to just slip it in the pocket.

6. steph

steph Approved members

lol, i am so glad you posted this. my DD is only 2, so any test strips laying around are totally the grown up's fault in this house. i was feeling like the biggest slob bc i would leave test strips on the dresser after a night test or something like that and forget about it, then it gets knocked down at some point and we find it later. i was thinking how grossed out someone visiting our house would be to find a random test strip. like seeing a used bandaid laying around. it's nice to know our house isn't the only one with rogue strips.

7. MomTo4Girls

MomTo4Girls Approved members

I find them everywhere too! Once inside the dishwasher. Now that can't be good for the mechanics!

8. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

9. steph

steph Approved members

dd also likes the large cap at the end of the syringe and likes to put them on her fingers and go around tapping things with it. so she often runs off with these, and i find them in strange spots too. like in the aquarium?

10. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

i think the weirdest place i've found a test strip was in my 2 year old's diaper.

11. Jaredsmom

Jaredsmom Approved members

Dog's water bowl, bottom of my shoe, and in my bra :pNo idea how that one got there.

12. akgiauque

akgiauque Approved members

Laundry room and in the bed of our travel trailer. Great thread, made me laugh!

13. Meredithsmom

Meredithsmom Approved members

I wish there was a "like" button like on fb, too. I found one on the floor in the hallway at work today. I'm the only one in the office with a connection to test strips and they were Meredith's brand. Must have been on my shoe of purse. Or it walked in on it's own!