- advertisement -

Teplizumab Trial for Impaired OGTT and Positive Autoantibodies - Anyone else enrolled?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by momandwifeoftype1s, Jul 30, 2014.

1. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

Hi! It has been awhile since I have posted here. I am happy to see some familiar names and also some new ones. My younger son has been in TrialNet studies since he was 4. His last two OGTTs came back showing impaired glucose tolerance and that he is positive for 2 autoantibodies. He is starting the TrialNet Teplizumab trial next Monday, and I was hoping to find other parents whose children have been enrolled in this study. I would like to ask you some questions if possible. Thank you!

2. Lenoremm

Lenoremm Approved members

My child is not in that study but was in another teplizumab study right after he was diagnosed. We believe he received study drug and not placebo because of the skin reaction he had (nasty rash which they said was common). That study was stopped early but we believe there was some benefit. DS had a long, strong honeymoon that may have been helped by the drug. There are anecdotal stories (nothing scientific) that say people who have taken this drug may cope better with dangerous lows. Lows
    still scare us and DS feels them but knock wood he hasn't suffered some of the dramatic symptoms some people do with lows. We have no idea if we can credit teplizumab for any of this but we don't regret giving it to him.

3. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

Different study same drug, positive he got the drug not a placebo due to some reactions. Feel free to pm me any questions you have.

4. momandwifeoftype1s

Thank you for your responses! I will send you both private messages with my questions.

5. joshualevy

joshualevy Approved members

6. momandwifeoftype1s

Thank you! I was reading some of your blog last night. I appreciate the information.