- advertisement -

teens with diabetes

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by shirley83006, Sep 6, 2007.

1. shirley83006

shirley83006 Approved members

i had a meeting with the school nurse and it went very well. i am very happy with the way it went. the school nurse told me that she has seen alot of children in the high schools here. and mostly are girls. do you see this more frequently than boys. ?

2. SamsMom

SamsMom Approved members

In Sam's high school, the nurse said it was about half boys/half girls with Type 1. My cousin is a junior high teacher in Texas and she said every year since she has been teaching at least one kid a year gets dx'd with T1. She said they were all boys. When Sam got dx'd, she immediately tested her teen boy--thankfully, he was okay.

3. kjksmom

kjksmom Approved members

Kyle started middle school (7th and 8th grade here). There are 4 D kids in a school of 600: all boys.

4. 1luckymom

1luckymom Approved members

At my daughter's school, roughly 500 students, there are 2 diabetics: one boy and one girl (my daughter). Last year - two diabetics: both girls.

Where I work (an elementary school), roughly 1000 students, there are 3 diabetics: 2 girls, 1 boy.

Are we seeing any patterns?