- advertisement -

Teacher Descriminating Against Type 1 Diabetes...

Discussion in 'School and Daycare' started by smilingeyes125, Mar 16, 2011.

1. smilingeyes125

smilingeyes125 New Member

I'm in high school, and I was absent today. A friend of mine was my partner for an art project, and my teacher saw he was working alone. She then proceeded to scream in front of the entire class:
    "You should find a new partner, because *insert my name here* is always out because of her disease."

I'm rarely ever absent because of this. I am very hurt by her comment. Is there any action I can take? Is this discrimination? Please give some advice!

2. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

idk, I think I would talk to the teacher about it, explain that if she has a problem then she should talk to you about it, not the whole class when your not even there. I don't know that I would call this discrimination though, just a teacher who wasn't thinking when she spoke:rolleyes:

3. selketine

selketine Approved members

I don't know how high school students commonly handle this sort of thing but I'd discuss it with your parents. I think your teacher owes you an apology - in front of the class - that was completely inappropriate.

4. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

Are you sure it happened like that? You didn't hear the teacher say that, 'cause you were absent. So are you for certain that your friend didn't exaggerate to make a bigger story? Or use somewhat different wording?