- advertisement -

Tape and Water

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by coeen, Jun 23, 2014.

1. coeen

coeen Approved members

Currently we use hypafix tape on his site. It seems to slog off after awhile in the water.
    What other tape helps keep sites on after a long day in the water?
    Thanks

2. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

We found the same problem with hypafix. My dd wears her site on her arm so I have been using 3M Nexcare waterproof tape (I found it at target). I could only find 1 inch. I put some down over her site and wrap her arm in sport (vet) wrap I found at target too. We also use tagaderm+pad waterproof bandage. They work pretty well, but just to be safe I tape down the side that the insulin tube is coming out from with more Nexcare tape. The tagaderm isn't cheap, but for big water days it is worth getting.

3. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

We have really good luck with Hypafix (which is good because the kids hate the nice, clear, unobtrusive Opsite tape I keep trying to convince them to use) but we do put Skin-Tac under it.

4. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

I use Opsite Flexifix to cover my daughter's Dexcom sensor/transmitter (with a window cut out for the sensor) and have used Opsite Flexifix to cover my daughter's Pods. Both times the tape held up to water very well. (I also have my daughter wear a "Band for Life" over her Pod if it is on her arm.)

5. Lori_Gaines

Lori_Gaines Approved members

We use Tegaderm and have had pretty good success with it. It's also at Target and made by Nexcare.

6. jacks101

jacks101 Approved members

We also use Tegaderm with good results. If the Tegaderm starts to peel too much I gently stretch and remove it and put a fresh one on. We have a pool and our daughter swims daily and they really help extend the Dexcom's life. Our pharmacy was able to order a box of 100 for us at a much cheaper price than buying them six at a time off the shelf.

7. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Opsite here.

I like that it's thin, flexible and non-absorbent, so it never gets waterlogged.