- advertisement -

Tamiflu not effective against H1N1???

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by TimO, Sep 14, 2009.

1. TimO

TimO Approved members

My pharmacist just told me he'd received notice saying Tamiflu isn't effective against H1N1 - that it works against the seasonal flu only. Has anyone else heard this or visited with the endo about this?

2. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

My boys (not diabetic) had H1N1. The oldest went on it after 3 days, so it didn't do much for him, the middle one went on it the day he started symptoms and he was only moderately sick for 1-1 1/2 days and then slightly sick for another day. My diabetic daughter went on it as a precaution and she did not get sick at all. So, for us it was successful.

3. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

there has been a report that strains of h1n1 are becoming tamiflu resistant (someone posted an article the other day) about a group of campers who got tamiflu as a precaution and then it did not work when they actually got the flu.

4. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

my nephew had swine flu month ago and tamiflu worked against it.

5. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

oh great Just great...r u serious...now it isn't as effective..darn bugs!

Ever study viruses...little beasts take over your body's cells and reprograms them to make more little viruses...they look a bit like crystals....evil buggers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virus

6. tandjjt

tandjjt Approved members

My T1 niece had this issue earlier this year -- Tamiflu, or so the ER doc told us, isn't as effective or sometimes doesn't even phase H1N1 - this after my niece was getting worse instead of better after testing positive and taking tamiflu... Then, when switched to the other one (I can't remember the name), it was outside of the timeframe where it does the most good and wasn't much help...

So that being said - I think there has been some knowledge about this for a while now so I wonder why Tamiflu is the "go to" drug of choice???