- advertisement -

Tamaflu anyone????

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by curediabetes14, Feb 2, 2011.

1. curediabetes14

curediabetes14 Approved members

When your non-d kids are diagnosed with the flu do you automatically start giving your d kid Tamaflu. I have heard about so many bad side effects, but the flu strand that is going around in our town is really bad so I do no know whether to take my chances with the Tamaflu or with the flu:confused:

Kaitlyn has not taken Tamaflu in a number of years and she freaks out about vomitting and that is one of the big side effects. Ugh, decisions, decisions.

Do you guys start before symptoms to prevent or wait til symptoms appear and use it to lessen the symptoms?

2. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Carson took tamiflu last year and did need to eat something with it or he had a stomach ache. He was completely fine if he took it with food. It REALLY helped -- DS7 had the swine flu horribly at the time and the most Carson got was a mild sore throat and a 99 degree temp. The whole family got H1N1 and tamiflu really really helped.

3. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

Tamiflu worked like magic when my younger son (non-D) got swine flu last year, and my older (D) son took it as a preventative and never got sick. We luckily didn't see any side effects.