- advertisement -

taller than dad

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Boo, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Boo

Boo Approved members

So my 14 year old D son is now as tall as his 6'0" dad! I swear when we went to the endo just 2 months age, he had finally passed me up. I am 5'10"...which means he has grown 2 inches in two months!

I constantly tease him that it is a good thing he has diabetes to stunt his growth, or he'd be a giant. ;)

I haven't been around here much lately...just busy living life with diabetes as a side note.

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

wow! they grow up toooo fast!! awsome!:)

3. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

Yeah I know the feeling. I'm 6', Justin is 6'2" and Jason is 6'4".

4. MissMadisonsMom

MissMadisonsMom Approved members

I always had the feeling that having D for so long had stunted Madison's growth, but she is now almost 5'9" at age 13 and her growth curve is still holding steady pointing towards TALL. I am 5' 10" and dad is 6' - I imagine she'll be 5'11". I am so happy she is so comfortable with her height too (I certainly wasn't). She also wears size 11 shoes:eek:

5. shekov

shekov Approved members

I actually said Holy **** out loud when I read this. :eek:

I can't imagine. I know it's coming but I'm not ready for that yet.

BTW....being tall is awesome. I love reaching things off the top shelves for people in the grocery store. :D

6. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I am so thankful for people like you! Me and my 5' 2" self cannot reach ANYTHNG!

7. cindyrn6617

cindyrn6617 Approved members

We just had our Endo appt yesterday. Ryan has grown another 2+ inches. He's 12 and is 5-6" He's taller than me.

8. kyleesmom

kyleesmom Approved members

Sounds like Kylee. She turned 12 in October and is just over 5'6". Im 5'5" and her dad was 6'2". She has always been big and doctors were worried about her growth so they did some testing on her when she was a baby and said she would be 5'10"-6 ft tall. She also currently wears a size 11 shoe and we tease her that we hope she does get to 6ft so she grows into her feet:) She is also totally comfortable with her size, she has been a head taller, if no more, than most kids her age since she started preschool.

9. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

My almost 17 year old brother is about 6'3 and is taller than my dad who stands at 6'0. Me, I'm all of 5'0...I'm a shortie:rolleyes:

10. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

My daughter is 9 years old and almost 5 ft and wears a ladies size 8 shoe, she takes my shoes all the time.

11. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

Poor Jayden, LOLOL! I have a little bitty kid :). She's eleven, stands *almost* 4'6", and wears a size 3.5 shoe!!! I'm 5'7 and so is my dh. 13 yr old non-D son is 5'6", 15 yr old non-D son is 5'9".

12. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

My hubby is 6'7" ...14 year old son is close to 6', probably 5'11" and 10 year old dd is at least 5'2" probably 5'3" . She wears size 9 womens shoes.

13. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

Yeah but there are some drawbacks, when I remodeled our kitchen I lowered all the cabinets 6" so Sharon who is about 5'5" wouldn't need a foot stool. Well that suited Sharon just fine but there is 1 cabinet in particular that extends to the length of our breakfast bar that is now just low enough that if me or the boys are standing at the end of the counter and not paying attention to where our head is at then that cabinet will remind us when the top of our heads meet the corner edge of that cabinet and it HURTS.:eek: