- advertisement -

T1D, Hashimoto & School

Discussion in 'Thyroid and Other Autoimmunity' started by CJ's Mom, Sep 10, 2008.

1. CJ's Mom

CJ's Mom Approved members

Does anyone that has a t1d child that also has Hashi have problems in school before the Hashi was dx'd?

2. linda

linda Approved members

sorry just saw this post here now. Not very popular i guess.... Em t1 4 years thyroidism about 2, just starting treatment. good student, so not sure an issue there (unless she becomes exceptional with treatment lol)....but hard to decipher normal teen stuff with d & thyroid:confused: pm me if you'd like....

3. GAmom

GAmom Approved members

Well, my dd 10, was dx'd recently in August. I'm homeschooling here this year, so can't really compare. I know she was very hard to get up to go to school, no matter how much sleep she got. She seems a little livelier now and more bright eyed. She's not out going in public, so she was very quiet at school. She barely did her work (though bright) and was sick a lot last year.Which is why I'm homeschooling this year.
    I'm not sure what exactly you were looking for?