- advertisement -

T:Slim IOB question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Flutterby, May 6, 2014.

1. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

We just started the t:slim tonight. I have her Insulin duration set at 3 hours. When I gave her a correction bolus it showed the correct IOB but the time duration showed 4 hours. I went back in to make sure I had it set correctly at 3 hours, but it's still showing 4 hours... Any idea why?

2. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

I have no idea but could there be diff durations set at different times and you have to set them all up? You know like the default is 4 hours and you set up one profile and not the one you're using now? Like I have heard the t-slim has?

3. Flutterby

I've only set up one profile so far...I checked that to make sure.

4. Ali

Ali Approved members

I would call the 800 T Slim number. Sounds off to me.

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Kim, did you ever figure this out?

6. Flutterby

It's now showing the right time durations of three hours. When I went into bolus history it looked like she double dosed. Two boluses are showing for 5.17u unit, one at 7.57pm and one at 7:59 pm. Oh what one says stnd complete and the other says standard...one must be the beginning of the bolus and the other the completion of the bolus?

7. lmf1122

lmf1122 Approved members

Yes, the history menu is a little confusing, and repetitive.

It reports that the bolus was started and then that it was completed, so you did not double dose...that's just the way it shows in the history.

8. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I wonder if it does that because it takes so long to bolus?

9. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I doubt it. I don't think it takes any longer than MM to deliver. I think it's just a quirk of the history function. It is confusing at first.

10. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Really, MM takes that long too? I thought it was painstakingly long for just a few units.

I know some people have reported needing less insulin and I wonder if the slower delivery help with better absorption and less pooling?