- advertisement -

t:slim Insulin Pump

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Aidan'sMom, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Aidan'sMom

Aidan'sMom Approved members

I am looking for reviews from anyone using this pump.

My son has been pumping with an Animas Ping since the age of 3. it is time for insurance to pay for a new pump so we are trying to make the decision to stick with the Animas or see what else is out there. We have had no issues with the Animas pump itself, but I have a list of complaints a mile long about Animas customer service....anyone else have that problem?

Aidan saw the t:slim and really liked it, he is 7 now so I think he should be somewhat included in this decision. I have researched about all I can on the t:slim. So anyone out there using one, give me a review if you don't mind.

Thanks!! :)

2. lmf1122

lmf1122 Approved members

We recently started using the t:slim after over 4 years on the Ping.

The main reason we switched was because DD is now 11 and the 300 unit cartridge is a plus as she approaches puberty. We also were having trouble with Animas CS/billing, so that played a part also.

I have to say that we are really happy with the decision.

While there are times that we miss the remote on the Ping, I never liked the OneTouch strips and I was so sick of scrolling up to the BG, carbs, and dose all the time.

The site change reminder on the t:slim is nice to have, and the touch screen makes it much easier to enter carbs and BG and bolus compared to the Ping.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

4. Aidan'sMom

Aidan'sMom Approved members

Thanks to both of you!! :) This may be strange but we never used the remote to the Ping. I never could get comfortable with it and we have always used an Accu-chek Aviva meter (just recently switched to Nano). So, I won't have any love loss there!

5. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

My daughter switched to the T:Slim recently. It hasn't been long but I will say that it's going well. The touchscreen is awesome. When I use my son's PDM (he's on the OmniPod still) and I have to scroll, it just seems so tedious. It's all color-coded, the site change process is simple, the ability to use specific minutes and doses to the hundredths is popular with my daughter (she'll do 13% temp basals for 47 minutes, for example, or dose for 1.23 units), the clip on cases work really well and are in fun colors. The only drawback is the charging. We charge two Dexcoms and one T:Slim and keeping on top of that is hard for us. Setting up the basal programs is a little weird to get used to, but once you build one, editing it is so easy.

6. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

If you do get a t:slim and want a complete picture with the software, you'll want to go back to your aviva. The nano is not (yet!) supported by t:connect.

My daughter's had hers for about a month and we're very happy. It's her first pump, so we don't have anything to compare it to, but I'd be happy to answer any questions.

7. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

I don't use the ping remote as a meter either! I love the verio meter so I choose to use that instead, honestly I don't find it much faster and I usually carry the pump in my pocket. Also, even when I'm in a dress it's kinda a pain to bolus with the remote because I have to get it (if I'm at a party or friends house I usually leave my bag with my coat... so then I might as well use the pump!