- advertisement -

T slim and traveling.... Any updates and personal stories?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by GChick, Jun 7, 2016.

1. GChick

GChick Approved members

Ok, so when T slim first came out, "they" recommended not walking it through the scanning/X-ray machines at the airport that the other pumps were fine with doing.

EVERY time I travel the agents look at me like I'm crazy when I say it can't go through either the luggage scanner nor the "people" scanner, but they oblige and hand inspect it or whatever.

I personally don't "think" there is any reason why it shouldn't be able to be worn through the scanner. I think it was just tslim not wanting to chance anything when they were the new kid in town.... But I know *I* am not about to be the one to chance it until it has been established that it is "ok" to do so.

So what is he general consensus of other tslim owners? What do you do when traveling by plane?

2. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

I just keep in on and walk through. No problems. It will set off the metal detector but they don't make me take it off. I haven't had problems with function after airports.

3. lilwitte

lilwitte Approved members

I travel regularly and I always just keep my pump on. For the body scanners after I walk through I have to rub my hands on my pump and let them swab my hands and then I am free to go.