- advertisement -

Symptoms

Discussion in 'Teens' started by sydney, Jan 12, 2006.

1. sydney

sydney New Member

Hi everyone, i was wondering what your diabetes symptoms were, i would like to see if they are similar to mine. For example were you extremley thirsty, or just thirstier than normal, and what were your other symptoms, how did you feel. Again i was wondering how similar they are to mine. Thanks :D

2. munchkingirl

munchkingirl Approved members

Mine were pretty sudden - over a matter of weeks, not months like I've read about a lot of other people. For a week or two - i had a VERY hard time concentrating and getting my school assignments done, then I was always drinking and peeing about a 1/2 hour later (sometimes 15-20 minutes), and VERY hungy - once I ate two bigmacs and was hungry an hour later (and I've always been pretty thin). But very quickly there after I started coming down with a flu type thing: feverish, sleepy, achy, never ate anything for fear of throwing up - there was actually one time that I got VERY cold to the point that I was shivering so hard that the couch was Vibrating. A week of that and missing school and NO ONE else was getting sick (which was weird when you've got 7 people in a family) my mom took me to the doc- I'd lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks. hospitalized that night and stayed for a week, clearly in ketoacidoses to the doctors then - and now to us - but at the time we had NO CLUE as to what the heck was going on.

...yeah. Anyways. That's me. ...I"m probably forgetting something, but that's pretty much it.

3. sydney

sydney New Member

thanks, yeah right now i am have a VERY hard time concentrating, and my school work is getting done at the very last minute. I go to the bathroom alot, and i am getting thirsty, I also am breathing differently, sometimes i can't catch my breath all the way, and i take heavy/hard breaths (not sure if that has to do with anything) also i get headaches. But i haven't lost any weight, or gained any. Thanks for replying

4. munchkingirl

munchkingirl Approved members

Not a problem. But, I do want to say - if you haven't been diagnosed - you really should go see your doctor, just as a precautionary thing. If they don't find anything - great, but who knows. While medical advances have made it so we diabetics can live close to normal lives - it is still very serious and it's important to find out about it asap.

Anywho, nice to meet you!

beth

5. Dylan

Dylan Approved members

The first symptom I had was constant urination. I would wake up 3 or 4 times a night to use the bathroom and get a drink of water. One day I had eaten some banana cream pie then I woke up in the middle uve the night and barfed from high ketones.

6. Ithilfey

Ithilfey Approved members

My symptoms were urination, increased thirst, and barfing. Just curious, are you asking because you think you have diabetes or because your curious about other people's symptoms?

7. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

The original post was 2 years ago - hopefully if they were having symptoms they have pursued it. Hope everything is okay. :cwds: