- advertisement -

Switching from Humalog to Novolog...what do I need to know about Novolog?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by VinceysMom, Jun 11, 2012.

1. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

Due to a mix up with the insurance company back in December, we have Novolog -- vials and pens -- that my son will start to use this week... I've heard it could leave the body sooner than Humalog, anything I need to know? Thanks all!

2. Ali

Ali Approved members

I preferred Novolog to Humolog when I switched. I found Novolog to have a more even and consistent action in my body. I pump and I eliminated clogging and my sites going bad after 48 hours with the Novolog. It was not till I switched that I discovered how many issues were due to Humolog-for me. Many people find no difference. I did not have a difference in action time. I just found Novolog to be a more consistent and smoother acting insulin than Humolog along with the fact that my pump sites lasted longer and I had fewer clogs in my infusion sets. Good luck. Ali

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

They're identical for us.

4. ChristineJ

ChristineJ Approved members

We recently switched from Humalog to Novolog due to a change in insurance coverage. I haven't noticed a difference.:)

Christine

5. Jenneve93

Jenneve93 Approved members

We also recently switched from Humalog to Novolog due to a change in insurance coverage. I haven't really noticed a difference either.

6. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

No difference here.

7. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

We use novolog but switched breifly to Humolog for 2-3 months (long story). I found no difference. However, I did find fewer bubbles with the humolog. When I primed the tubing I usually have to go up to 11 or 12 units to get all the bubbles out. With Humolog I only went up to 8 or 9.

8. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

No difference in how the two worked here either.

9. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Never tried Humalog, but Novolog worked well for me. :)

10. kjmaf

kjmaf Approved members

We found that DD's number were much more consistent when we switched to Novolog. We did not have to make any adjustments to her basal/bolus settings.

11. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

My DD did better on Novalog.