- advertisement -

Surrounded by T1D

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MomtoAC, Nov 24, 2012.

1. MomtoAC

MomtoAC New Member

Hi everyone...I am new here and struggling with my daughters new diagnosis of T1D. She was just diagnosed 7 days ago, one week after turning 3. She wakes up with blood sugars under 70 and goes to bed over 300. I am exhausted!! She is a very picky eater who LOVES to snack during the day. That is our weakness at this point. I am longing for a happy medium!! Her Daddy is a T1D who just got the pump this year. He was truly devastated when she was diagnosed.

So happy to find a forum for others like me!!

2. Inman

Inman Approved members

Welcome Sara and Anna.take exercise regularly and have a well-balanced diet is very important.but I know it is not easy for a small kid.I have a kid age 2

3. maciasfamily

maciasfamily Approved members

My son was dx'd right before he turned 3. If you're interested, I would suggest talking with your Endo about getting her on a pump. Since you have experience with it, it will make it a lot easier.

For us, it was so much better on the pump with snacks, small doses, to help the highs at night and lows in the am. It made a world of difference for us.

Also I would recommend to you checking out a great facebook group called Diapers & Diabetes. They've been a really huge help to me with having a little one.