- advertisement -

Summer plans?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Becky Stevens mom, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Jilleighn

Jilleighn Approved members

We are heading to Disney for a week in May then do a couple Days in Destin on the drive home. then in July we will do 10 days in San Antonio, Tx.

2. Liongirl4

Liongirl4 Approved members

My sister, Samantha and I are going to England for 10 days in July. It is a girl scout trip..Samantha's troop had made that their goal many years ago..only a few of the girls from this area are actually going though.
    We travel to Paris and Switzerland, as well as London. Should be nice!!

3. lynn

lynn Approved members

I am SO jealous of all of you guys! We don't have the funds for anything.:(

4. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

So far, nothing much. I don't think our youth group is going to take a trip this year...there are so many of us that the cost for anything is wayyy high. We have a big "grandkids" family reunion planned for August. Some of these cousins I haven't seen in 15 years! I'm the youngest. My brother is getting married at the end of May, so I forsee spending time with my future SIL, she's such a sweet, fun person.

5. shekov

shekov Approved members

Running a 5K with my mom at Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN then cheering on my little bro in the marathon.

Long weekends at our cottage in Norhtern MN.

Long weekend at a cabin with college friends and their families over July 4th.

1 week in Steamboat Springs, CO at my aunt and uncle's for a reunion then 1 week camping at Yellowstone with my 2 brothers and families and my mom all 12 of us.

We plan to hit Mt. Rushmore and the Corn Palace on our way home.

Then August is all about the Bayfield County fair and 4H projects.

6. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

Well, we plan to go to NJ this summer, maybe with a road trip to Florida, Ottawa, up and down the Eastern Seaboard. That's about it. Very ho-hum. :rolleyes::D:p

7. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

We are going to Disneyworld at the end of June and a cruise to Canada at the end of July.

My nieces wedding in between. :)

8. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

We dont either Lynn:) I almost prefer to stay close to home and not spend alot of money. We live out in the country so its easy to find things to do that the boys enjoy. One of our favorite summer activitys is very cheap. We go to a state forest that is free to get into. There are 2 small ponds that are full of frogs for catching and a huge pond that is full of frogs and turtles and snakes. We hike around the big pond looking for things then either have a picnic lunch there or sometimes go to the general store in town for a general store snack. It has a little front porch that we sit and enjoy our snack and watch the townspeople go by. Most states offer info about inexpensive ideas in your state or area to keep people around during the summer. Here in CT they call it "staycations" There are many museums that are low cost or free of charge that we can go to.

9. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Oh yes!! how could I forget!!?? Another thing we hope to do this summer is visit with a special family coming all the way from Ghana:D That alone will make my summer:cwds:

10. piratelight

piratelight Approved members

Lots of beach time....I don't think we will be making our usual trip to OH this summer, we have decided to take the kids to Maine for a week! We are looking at renting a place a little north of Bar Harbor and just getting outside and enjoying that beautiful area. Then more beach time at grandmas. Being outside as much as possible.

11. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Family vacation in Northern Michigan in June

Visit to my parents' house in Kansas in July

We don't fit in with the Chicago suburb culture up here where everyone signs their kids up for as many summer camps/summer school sessions as possible. My neighbors and friends sign their kids up because they can't handle their kids being home all summer.

I almost signed my kids up for a couple of things but realized that Carson will be 10 this summer and in a couple of years it won't be cool at ALL to hang out with mom and little bro...... So we decided to buck the suburban system up here and make no plans. There are SOOOO many museums and activities to do in Chicago all summer. We're taking the $$ we would have spent on camps and going on adventures here in the city! Everyone is really excited about this!

12. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Hopefully working :rolleyes:
    Going down the shore...err, the to the beach...probably Wildwood, its my favorite :)
    My friend owns a beach house and I have not seen her since I have been away at college, so visit with her at her beach house.
    Other than that, nothing much.

13. Allyson94

Allyson94 Approved members

Only going back up to Massachusetts for a week :D

14. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Since it is just me now, I plan on going to Savannah, GA to visit my sister for a week, Haven't made any other plans for summer yet.