- advertisement -

Summer plans?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Becky Stevens mom, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Just wondering what everyone has planned for summer. Winter is nearly gone, from New England anyway, although Ive heard the midwest got more snow:rolleyes:

We dont have any expensive trips planned but we've never been on any expensive vacations so cant miss what youve never had I suppose. We do usually go up north to see hubbys folks in Maine. This year we will probably shorten the visit a bit (quite a bit actually, maybe just an overnite there) then we want to head up to Acadia national park. It is beautiful there! There is so much to see and do in that area, miniature golf, antiguey places, gifty places, all kinds of stinkin touristy stuff and of course the park itself is amazing. The rest of summer we will probably go to the beach, swimming wherever we can, go to the pond to catch frogs and look for other water creatures, oh yes, cant forget the summer fairs! I love the going to the fairs! But thats about it for us. Just hacking around and enjoying the lazy, hazy days of summer:)

2. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

Germany, England, France and some other parts of Europe

3. Yellow Tulip

Yellow Tulip Approved members

Yes, the midwest got more snow :mad:. We were playing in the sandbox yesterday, without coats and it was beautiful, and today we went sledding and were freezing! That's Chicago, though. If you don't like the weather, wait 10 mins and it will change :rolleyes:

Anyway, summer... Ahhh, seem sooo far away right now... We'll spend a week or two with my MIL in Clearwater, FL. We'll pretty much live on the beach. Tommy and I will take our looong walk down the coast of Honeymoon Island - our favorite place on the planet! We'll also be going to Orlando for the FFL conference. Wondering if I get to meet some of you there????

Aside from that, there will be the pool, nature preserves, bike riding, Morton Arboretum, and stuff like that. DS is quite a bike rider, and this will be our first bike season since dx. We get to see how our long bike rides affect his numbers...

Anyway, your plans sound great, Becky! It'll just be nice not to have to set our alarms and have to rush in the mornings :)

4. TerpSteph

TerpSteph Approved members

We're joining my parents, my two siblings and their families for a group vacation in the Outer Banks. It will be the first time in about 10 years that we can all be there together. :)

5. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

Lots of horse related stuff. I live outside during the summer LOL

My dad and brother are opening up a Restaurant in August, the 'building' of it will be this summer. Somehow I am sure we will be involved in that.

My mom and I are making a getaway to Lake Tahoe in July(meeting other family). As a family we haven't been in 6 years (we have been going to the same little rental cabin for 22 years, still cheap compared to what others charge now LOL). My Dad and bro would have gone, but with the business opening the next month they can't. It'll be wierd being back in Tahoe.

Tulip, We say the same thing in CO! If you don't like the weather wait 10 minutes! It was 72 here on Wednesday, beautiful 60's on Thursday.....and yesterday snow and in the teens:rolleyes:. So done!

6. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

We're going to the CWD conference in FL! And we'll go to the Outer Banks with all/most of my siblings and my parents.

And hopefully Alex will have a summer job too!

7. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

the week of the 4th we and by we i meen my entire family on my dad's side all 50something of us are going to the beach should be fun! we have the kind of family where everyone still gets togeather for holidays and special things throughout the year and does things with others all the time :-D love my family!

8. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Go on - rub in it :p I have NO plans for the WINTER at all!!

9. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

we will prolly be going to museums and just sitting around the house trying to keep cool. I hate really hot weather, blah.

10. Deannas mom

Deannas mom Approved members

My family and my mom are going to coco beach for a week in July at a hotel on the beach . Just relaxing and enjoying the beach we will also go to Kennedy space center and the measume..then in Aug when Deanna goes to camp Winona I took that week off work and will just spend some me time, maybe go to my moms and live at her pool..lol..:D

11. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

None whatsoever.:rolleyes:

12. czardoust

czardoust Approved members

If we can gather the $ we will drive to Eglin, AFB in Florida to stay for the weekend. Its about a 6 hr drive from here, not bad. Amanda and Kaitlyn will volunteer at the local library and Amanda will also be joining the Red Cross and volunteering at the Fox Army Medical Center. :D Very psyched about that. Katerina will be going with Ray to Boston in August to do her yearly visit with Dr. Faustman and this time my mother will be joining the trail - another exciting thing that we are looking forward too! I just wish I could go but we dont have the money for the whole family to go.

13. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Going to Norway this summer! :D Very excited.. It looks beautiful. Other than those two weeks, not many plans. Me and my friends were thinking of going away somewhere but nobody has any money so that will likely not happen, although one of my friends has a house in France so some of us might go there for a bit.. Hopefully. I'm just looking forward to exams being over! And I might be able to drive by then as well. ;)

14. Snowbound

Snowbound Approved members

We've rented a place on the Bay of Fundy for a week and we're hoping to get in a wilderness canoe camping trip, but the big one that we're counting down the days (hours and minutes) to; we're sending both kids away to summer camp for 2 weeks. :D

15. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Cape Cod, our home away from home!

Abby will be doing D camp while Maddy will go to "Camp Grandma and Grandpa!"

This is a quiet summer for us. Every other year we do a family reunion with hubby's family, that was last year.

16. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

We are planning on visiting the Cape while Mann is at D camp. Probably do a few long weekend camping trips, other than that we will be doing landscaping...

17. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

Funny, dh and I were just talking about this last night. :D We are finally going to be able to take a family vacation this year. We are thinking of a cottage type resort "up north". The we are going to invest in some good quality camping equipment so we can go away weekends etc.

18. austin_calebs_mom

austin_calebs_mom Approved members

Our big thing right now is going to WI to visit my family this week. We'll be there for the boys' spring break (11 days) and then coming back and hopefully moving! Then DH and I are renewing our wedding vows on May 22 and I'll be going to a Brewer game in WI on May 30, so we're going to make a weekend trip out of it. We'll be celebrating Caleb's 7th birthday this summer, as well as mine. We also are hoping to have my step-daughter Rhonda more often and plan on doing tons of fun stuff with all 3 kids; zoo, museum, parks, swimming, and anything else we can think of! I'm hoping that my family will be able to come over here towards the end of summer and visit, and I'm sure we'll go there again before school starts in the fall. Just mostly looking forward to being in our own house with our 3 kids. :)

19. canadianmomto6

canadianmomto6 Approved members

I'm trying to sort out the details, but it looks like we'll all go to Disney and Sarasota at the end of the summer. It seems to be turning into an annual trip for us, although we swore we wouldn't always keep going back to Disney....we just can't stay away! ;)

20. Boo

Boo Approved members

We're kicking off summer with a spring break trip to Hawaii next week! :D We've never been there, and are SO looking forward to it. We have our back-up pump from medtronic on hand to avoid issues like we had last summer when my son's pump got wet (and fried) while on vacation. In August, we're meeting some family in Sunset Beach, NC for a week. Other than that, we're looking forward to relaxing around the neighborhood pool since there won't be much money left in the budget...