- advertisement -

Suggestions for favourite internet resources

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Jonathan, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Hi,

I'm not a parent of child with t1d, but I'm posting here in because I would appreciate any suggestions. I'm a diabetes nurse working at a Canadian Hospital. I've been asked to give a presentation for Canadian Diabetes Awareness Day. The topic the organizers picked for my part was "Diabetes and the world wide web". The audience is parents, kids, teens, adults with t1d. Can I get suggestions about sites that you all find helpful? Things I can pass on as being recommended by people who have the experience. I'm more familiar with the websites for medical professionals. Of course this CWD is on my list.

Some thoughts I had:
    - Sites that help/helped with the stress of first diagnosis?
    - Sites that you check regularly?
    - Sites for fun - games, chats...
    - Sites that really explained some issue well?

I'm also interested in any sites to avoid: Sites that misrepresent t1d information.

I know that the audience will appreciate any suggestions, especially if they come from people dealing with t1d on a daily basis.

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

3. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

Well...I'd say this site was the most helpful for me.

A lot of the other ones scared me to bits.

So...here.

4. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Being from Canada, only 2 sites are really helpful, this one, and the http://www.jdrf.ca/ website is extremely helpful!

5. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

The forums here are my #1 pick, I don't visit anywhere else anymore :cwds: Been here 2 years and not going anywhere else LOL